Tencent is an Internet-based platform company founded in Shenzhen, China, in 1998. We use technology to enrich the lives of Internet users and assist the digital upgrade of enterprises. Our mission is "Value for Users, Tech for Good". We embrace a culture of teamwork & innovation and are driven by our values - Integrity, Proactivity, Collaboration and Creativity.
We are rapidly expanding our international operations and are looking for top talent to propel us forward. Combining the results-oriented nature of a startup with the resources of a profitable and leading Internet company, Tencent offers a unique opportunity for aspiring individuals to thrive.
About Tencent Games
Tencent Games was launched in 2003 and is now the largest gaming company in the world, achieving game related revenues of $33 billion in 2021. As a leading global organisation for game development, publishing and operations, we are dedicated to providing high-quality interactive entertainment experiences to players and currently offer more than 140 games including PUBG MOBILE, Call of Duty Mobile, Honor of Kings and League of Legends to hundreds of millions of players across more than 200 countries and regions. Tencent Games offers talented individuals the opportunity to help shape and build something unique within the gaming industry as a whole.
About the Role
As Business Development Manager, you will be supporting the Turkey’s publishing goals, you will be required to identify sponsorship, media rights & content distribution opportunities with leading media companies, brand, platforms and agencies for Tencent game titles .
- Lead Generation: Develop a pipe line of new business opportunities methodically and transparently across all sectors of consumer brands, products, media and services.
- Relationships: You will need to build trusted media partner relationships, client relationships and work with agencies internal teams such as planners and buyers to deliver innovative responses to briefs, negotiate competitive rates and exceed client expectations.
- Raise awareness and understanding of the opportunities that exist for various industries and their users/consumers to engage and reach a gaming audience.
- Integration: Being aware of brand partnerships and how these integrations can impact users and the IPs commercial strategy. This could include digital, social, live broadcast, partnerships, TV sponsorships, licensing opportunities, product placement and advertiser funded content.
- Create Value Create content partnerships with vendors which are structured to answer product launch, content and sponsorship briefs and work for the benefit of publishing goals and partner results. Constantly exceed expectations and ensure KPI’s & key project milestones are met.
- Negotiate: Ensure resources are cleared with all stakeholders and resources will be utilized correctly. Deliver maximum value from a partner relative to the scale and investment.
- Minimum of 5 years of sales or business development experience in digital goods in required to apply for this role.
- Sales: Both selling inventory and bespoke solutions experience to brands, agencies & platforms in formal situations under heavy scrutiny and pressure.
- Pitching: Creative and structured approach to devising and presenting opportunities to different levels of seniority and understanding.
- Expertise: Keen interest in gaming & esports alongside consumer insights and trends, showing I high level of competence in the subject matter.
- Process: Experience working within large organizational structures with multi stakeholders and inputs.
- Budgeting: Understand how to utilize available budgets effectively, consult and advise on the creation and steps to approve appropriate budgets to yield the desired outcomes.
- Language skills: Candidate should have excellent English and Tuırkish language skills (written and spoken).
- A diverse and inclusive work environment where you can connect with colleagues from around the world.
- A safe and supportive organisational climate to continue to grow and hone your craft.
- 25 days annual leave, long-service awards, flexible work arrangements, private health insurance and pension plan.
- Additional benefits such as annual trips, gym membership, working lunch, Family Day and other cultural events and festival gifts.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Tencent:
Diversity, equity and inclusion are important, interdependent components of our workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, we firmly believe that diverse voices fuel our innovation and allow us to better serve our users and the community. We foster an environment where every employee of Tencent feels supported and inspired to achieve individual and common goals.