Framestore is looking for experienced game developers to join our award winning Immersive / Realtime Content Studio team in Los Angeles.
Immersive Developers are focused on implementation of interactive functionality across VR/AR/XR, installations, and other real-time rendered/software applications.
The ideal candidate has strong attention to detail, a broad knowledge of realtime engines (Unreal Engine 4, Unity, etc), is able to develop new tools and functions and implement interactions under specific technical and artistic requirements, and assist optimization and the development and maintenance of digital pipelines.
This person must have strong communication skills and be able to work with team members from various backgrounds and disciplines including traditional VFX artists.
- Working with the team to create interactive experiences. You will draw on your experience and skillset to help create the highest quality software for world renowned clients.
- Capable of end-to-end development of new features from concept through implementation, and testing to deployment
- Writing clean, well documented, testable code
- Apply best practices for efficient and effective development; looks for opportunities to streamline and fully utilize current and new technology solutions
- Work with team members of different disciplines to implement features and functionality, taking direction from both technical and creative leads.
- Stay current on technology relevant to XR and real time applications for VFX, and conduct necessary research and development testing to assess emerging technology options, and recommend appropriate technologies for the development of new projects
- Rapid prototyping with cutting-edge technology in XR and advanced displays, sensors, AI and machine learning
- Lighting and shading code for diverse platforms
- Work closely with the various team leads to ensure projects are delivered on time, to a strong level of quality
- Maintain an inclusive process and culture that empowers entire project team to contribute to final results
- Provide input to estimation of work efforts and solutioning
- Execute tasks on time and with an eagerness to learn