Vium empowers biomedical investigators with technology that accelerates the preclinical drug discovery and development pipeline. Researchers can design, run, and analyze experiments that rapidly surface insights and high volumes of quality data. The platform improves the speed and reproducibility of preclinical research so that it is more predictive of how drugs perform in humans. The result is that better therapies get moved more quickly to patients who need them. Founded in 2013, we have a proven product, an awesome team, happy clients, smart investors and advisors, and plans to double in 2016 and beyond. Want to use your experience to help save lives? Here’s the chance for you to make this a reality.
Seeking a highly motivated and results oriented In-Vivo Research Associate/Research Technician III to perform animal work involved with the technical procedures, treatment, health monitoring and husbandry of laboratory rodents. The candidate will play an important role in facilitating the execution in research studies. The candidate should be comfortable with behavioral / in vivo pharmacology models, including data collection, recordkeeping. If you thrive in a dynamic environment, working on accelerated timelines, and enjoy creative and challenging work within a multidisciplinary team, Mousera may be the company for you.
Meaningful Things You’ll Do:
- Actively participate in the directional planning, design and execution of in vivo studies in collaboration with investigators.
- Perform technical duties such as in vivo dosing of different animal models via various techniques including intramuscular, intravenous, intradermal, subcutaneous, and oral routes.
- Collect blood and tissues for analysis and interface with contracted laboratory vendors.
- Responsible for observing health conditions of animals, recognizes and reports common signs of clinical illness and/or irregularities in animal behavior.
- Prepare and maintain accurate and detailed experimental and animal health records (including electronic records).
- Perform routine calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Accurately and effectively communicate progress in written and verbal form.
- Work with the team in developing, implementing, and refining an advanced technology platform.
- Recommend changes in operational procedures and workflow that increases the efficiency or effectiveness of work practices, or improve animal welfare.
- Perform routine animal husbandry, daily animal health checks, and general facility maintenance in animal, procedure, and support rooms.
- Perform daily health assessments of study animals and technical experimental procedures as directed.
Education and Experience:
- Ideal candidate has a Bachelor's degree in related area or equivalent experience/training. Certification by the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science as a Laboratory Animal Technologist (LATg) is not required but is indicative of training in lieu of experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the care, handling, and treatment of laboratory animals, including broad skills in husbandry and record-keeping.
- Significant competencies with rodent models including compound administration by multiple routes, tissue harvest, and blood collection with minimal supervision.
More About Our Culture:
We’re a group of talented individuals across multiple disciplines, coming together to deliver great engineering!
- Say what we’ll do and then do it. As a small team, we’ve accomplished an incredible amount in a short time.
- Are technical polymaths. If it’s technical, we either know about it or want to learn about it.
- Have a wide range of interests, which is why we’re in this company in the first place.
- Work in the office as much as is necessary, but are focused on results more than hours-in-a-chair-at-the-office.
- Are focused on making serious progress while acknowledging and paying for technical debt.
What We Offer:
- Good salaries and good benefits. Who doesn’t want that?
- Stock options
- Catered lunch most days and fully stocked kitchen
- Flexible work hours and Friday demo days/happy hours
- Relaxed office in San Mateo and flexible work hours
- Company offsites and retreats including a whole week in the summer when we close up shop and go on vacation
Our corporate office is in San Mateo and the remote-controlled lab is in the South Bay.