We're looking for a Business Development Manager to join the Commercial team in our London office. This team are focused on bringing the best of early stage businesses to the Crowdcube platform. This is the perfect opportunity for a recent graduate to help us shape the world of start-up finance and have a real impact on entrepreneurs' lives.
Who we are:
Crowdcube is the world's leading equity crowdfunding platform. We enable everyday investors to invest alongside Europe’s venture capitalists and professional investors in start-up, early stage and growth businesses; in doing so we're enabling entrepreneurs to raise the funds they need to grow their businesses.
We have experienced year on year growth since 2011 with over 700,000 registered investors, and over 700 businesses from the UK and around the world successfully funded on the platform, including Brewdog, Monzo, Revolut and many more.
What you will be doing:
As Business Development Manager at Crowdcube, reporting into our Head of Inbound Sales, you will have the opportunity to speak to amazing founders and entrepreneurs from around the world and to educate them about crowdfunding and the fundraising process on our platform. Day to day you will:
- Qualify leads for new investment from our inbound marketing channel and referral partner network.
- Build and maintain relations with startup founders and management teams in order to gain an understanding of their business and funding requirements.
- Collaborate with colleagues from across the business, including partnerships and marketing, to improve processes and provide feedback.
- Cultivate a thorough understanding of the alternative finance/startup/funding industry and keep abreast of significant developments in the space.
Ideally you will be:
- A self-starter who takes ownership of their work.
- Commercially focused and able to prioritise effectively to drive revenue and achieve targets.
- Confident in speaking with C level executives, business founders and management teams, with a natural flair for building relationships.
- Hard working and able to embrace the change that is constant in a fast-growth business.
- A curious and inquisitive person with a desire to learn and work outside one’s comfort zone.
- Comfortable publicly representing Crowdcube externally via presentations, panel debates and meetings.
Ideally, you will have:
- A passion for start-ups, entrepreneurship and alternative finance.
- A degree in business, economics, marketing or other relevant qualification (we will consider recent graduates for this role!)
- Previous consultative sales, business development and/or commercial partnership experience.
- Experience of working in a targeted environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience or knowledge of the London startup eco-system, ideally an existing network.
The above is desired, but not a prerequisite.
What we are offering:
We like to nurture talent and ensure members of our team develop and hone their skills through training, conferences, subscriptions to online courses, and participation in hackathons. We’re passionate and hard-working, and we take care of our team:
- £30k + commission (OTE £35-40k depending on performance)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension Scheme at 4% matched
- Private Medical Scheme with AXA
- Life Insurance Scheme
- Access to Sunlight - a learning & development platform with a £1000 training budget per year!
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Weekly demos to show what we're working on, monthly team meetings and bi-monthly company socials.
- Company perks such as fruit, snacks and weekly office beers
- Company outings and activities (this year’s fun included a trip to a gin distillery, karaoke, charity football match, Square Mile Relay, bowling, BBQs)
Our policy is to employ the best-qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.