Industrial Sales & Business Development Manager, North America - 18090115
We seek an aggressive, growth minded Sales & Business Development manager with passion and dedication to build and manage our industrial market segment business in North Americas. This individual will be responsible for promoting sales of our advanced LiDAR sensors and solutions to customers, end users, and channel partners in the robotics, smart warehousing, mining, volumetric, and AGV markets. Our ideal candidate will be an expert in consultative sales who uses her/his deep knowledge, excellent communication skills, and technical expertise to drive the entire sales cycle from initial customer engagement to closed sales of our advanced laser-based sensors, software, and solutions. The ideal candidate demonstrates passion and enthusiasm, with a self-confident disposition that resonates with customers, partners and colleagues. She/he must be willing to travel and spend time as needed with customers and partners. Technical depth, gravitas, effective presentation skills, and strong personal presence are essential to success in this role. A competitive compensation package including base, bonus, and stock options will be awarded to the successful candidate.
Core Responsibilities *
- Establish and exceed assigned revenue and funnel goals, including accurate and timely forecasting.
- Embrace a “demand creation”, solution selling sales culture, with focus on opportunity funnel development that ensures execution to multi-year revenue goals.
- Creative lead generation to identify and engage new industrial segment customers/partners; develop sales strategies, deliver compelling proposals, and close opportunities resulting in new revenue streams.
- Manage existing accounts to expand revenue, introduce new solutions, enhance margin, and build long-term strategic partnership.
- Monitor business activities and competitors’ actions, while implementing industrial segment Go- to-Market strategies to gain share and expand Quanergy’s brand presence in target applications.
- Provide pre-and post-sale product consulting, technical support, and service to key customers - on-site, via phone, web-meeting, and email. • Provide timely feedback to management concerning delivery schedules, product acceptance, new product requirements, emerging opportunities, and challenges.
- Work collaboratively with marketing, engineering and R&D to develop winning solutions and manage cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Attend trade shows and conferences to support customers and stay abreast of industry developments.
- Willing and able to travel >50%.
Required Education *
BS in Electrical Engineering, Robotics, Software Engineering or equivalent technical experience.
Required Experience *
- 5+ years’ experience in consultative selling of complex high tech, system solutions to the robotics, smart warehousing, mining, volumetric, and AGV markets.
- Proven results managing channel partners and complex business development ecosystems.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, communicate, and execute major account strategies resulting in multi-million-dollar revenue achievement.
- Experience with optical products, 3D sensing software, and image processing.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities *
- Excellent oral, written, listening skills - must be able to clearly and concisely communicate with customers and internally.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - must work effectively as a team player.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills - must be able to manage several projects efficiently.
- Proven results applying consultative and high-value selling models.
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to relate to customer issues, and capable of applying solutions to meet the needs of customer specific requirements
- Ability to work under pressure in a dynamically growing company, meet schedules, and maintain a high level of output.
- Keen eye for details and resolves to drive quality deliverables.
- Technical, system level, solution selling aptitude required.