Qualis Corporation is seeking an Information System Security Officer supporting the 96th Test Wing. This position is located at Eglin AFB, FL.
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of classified Information Systems (IS) and data using Air Force approved network engineering practices, information security standards and approved industry best practices.
- Provide cybersecurity support for various test area systems to include real-time computers, standalone systems and networked systems.
- Evaluate approved new technologies prior to implementation within the organizational environment.
- Provide cybersecurity support for application development, planning, network implementation, systems integration, communication support, computer-communication maintenance, asset management and security controls
- Assist the government in producing, maintaining and revising Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), System Security Plans (SSP) and maintaining Approval to Operate documentation.
- Perform security scans using DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) to ensure systems security settings and patch levels are compliant.
- Perform generation, collection and preservation of IS audit logs in accordance with the SSP and government customer requirements.
- Monitor and document system changes in accordance with the Configuration Management Policy and the SSP.
- Media Control management to include documentation and accountability of all media.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other relevant field with 0 years’ experience. Experience may be substituted for education with government approval.
- Certification: Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DOD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Manager Level 1. (i.e., Security + CE certification)
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity requirements, network technologies, and computer security as applied to Department of Defense (DoD) networks
- Experience with DISA STIGs, SCAP Compliance Checker (SCC), STIG Viewer, Host Base Security System, and Assured Compliance Assessment Solution is preferred
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Windows and Red Hat Enterprise Linux Operating Systems (OS) environments (is desired)
- Basic understanding of DNS, DHCP, TCP, UDP, Layer 2 and Layer 3
- Familiarity/proficiency with processes and functions, information technology hardware and software products, as well as, computer peripherals (e.g. printers, monitors, hard drives, docking stations, scanners, etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with customer interaction and presentation capabilities required.
- Security Clearance:
- Must hold an active Department of Defense (DoD) Top Secret Security Clearance with last investigation within 6 years.
- Exceptionally qualified candidates will be considered with a current Secret Clearance for upgrade to Top Secret.
Qualis Corporation is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse and talented workforce who can contribute to the mission and vision of the Company. Our employees are our greatest asset and we promote a positive work environment, teamwork, professional growth, innovation, community involvement, flexible scheduling and a family-friendly work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Vet/Disabled and a Participant in E-Verify