Airship is searching for a highly motivated Infrastructure Engineering Manager to lead a talented team of Infrastructure Engineers that build and support our platform. This is an excellent opportunity to join an admired team in a company that is a clear market leader. We have also been named one of the coolest companies to work for in Portland for the last five years.
You have experience managing highly technical teams and enjoy motivating and leading teams to deliver products that delight customers. You strive for customer satisfaction and recognize the importance of collaboration and diversity, all values that are important at Airship.
At Airship, you will be part of an exciting, collaborative, and supportive work environment with endless opportunities to make an impact. You and your team will be managing a distributed services platform that sends over 2 billion notifications daily and has over a billion devices that ping us weekly.
Come help us write the next chapter!
- Mentor, grow, and inspire both local and remote team members, from junior engineers to experts in the field
- Collaborate closely with our Product Management, Program Management, Security and other Platform teams as we plan and build the future of our product and strive to delight our customers
- Communicate clearly with your team as well as stakeholders of all technical levels
- Balance competing priorities with determination and grace
- Be a change agent by continually observing and pushing the team and the broader organization to improve
- Push yourself to grow as a manager and leader through professional development efforts
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2+years of management experience
- 5+ years of technical experience
- Deep understanding of software engineering concepts
- Experience being on-call and managing an on-call schedule
- Experience with one or more infrastructure as code system (Ansible, Terraform, etc..)
- Pride in building excellent products and user experiences
- Prior experience with any of the following is a bonus: distributed Java services, knowledge of pub-sub, big data and Google Cloud Platform
Marketing and digital experience teams at thousands of the world’s most admired companies
rely on Airship’s Customer Engagement Platform to create deeper connections with customers by delivering incredibly relevant, orchestrated messages on any channel.
Founded in 2009 as a pioneer in push notifications, Airship now gives brands the user-level data, engagement channels, AI orchestration and services they need to deliver push notifications, emails, SMS, in-app messages, mobile wallet cards and more to exactly the right person in exactly the right moment — building trust, boosting engagement, driving action and growing value.