A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
As an Infrastructure Quality Engineer (IQE), you are responsible for ensuring that we develop and deploy first-class products to customers around the world. It's your responsibility to ask, “does the product solve the most pressing problem?” and “how do we ship the product more quickly and easily?” To answer these questions, you will observe first-hand, the common issues encountered while deploying and using our software at our customer sites. You will then partner with various teams internally to generate innovative solutions and implement fixes.
You approach quality holistically, doing everything from performance benchmarking, automation, and debugging to release management, user research, paper prototyping, and feature testing. Your job is not to build the airplane — it’s to make sure all of the pieces fit together, that the ride is smooth, safe, and enjoyable for everyone on board, and that the plane stays in the air (which we think is pretty important).
Some of the things IQEs have done in the past year include:
- Rebuild a production system to improve performance and scale by an order of magnitude.
- Advise on the best architecture for new products.
- Run weekly releases for customer's production systems.
- Respond to, debugging, and fixing exigent issues for customers globally.
- Drive software architecture discussions and decisions.
- Write automation code and develop automation frameworks.
- Participate in every stage of the product life cycle.
- Design and execute test cases using functional requirements.
- Find, understand, and debug product issues.
- Work with Software Developers, Product Designers, Forward Deployed Software Engineers, Product Managers, and others to ship high quality releases.
- Embed with our customer-facing teams to understand the issues that they face deploying and using our products.
What We Value
- Must be planning on graduating in 2019
- Engineering background in fields such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, and Physics
- Ability to thrive and create order in a fast-moving, unstructured environment.
- Excellent teamwork, independent decision making, and communication skills.
- Analytical thinking, creative problem-solving skills and great attention to detail.
- Experience working with complex systems (software, biological, mechanical, etc.) and the desire and ability to understand them in detail.
- Understanding of testing methodologies, preferably backend and scale testing.
Palantir is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster
and EEO poster supplement
for additional information.