Today, there’s more data and users outside the enterprise than inside, causing the network perimeter as we know it to dissolve. We realized a new perimeter was needed, one that is built in the cloud and follows and protects data wherever it goes, so we started Netskope to redefine Cloud, Network and Data Security.
Since 2012, we have built the market-leading cloud security company and an award-winning culture powered by hundreds of employees spread across offices in Santa Clara, San Francisco, Seattle, Bangalore, London, Melbourne, and Tokyo. Our core values are openness, honesty, and transparency, and we purposely developed our open desk layouts and large meeting spaces to support and promote partnerships, collaboration, and teamwork. From catered lunches and office celebrations to employee recognition events and social professional groups such as the Awesome Women of Netskope (AWON), we strive to keep work fun, supportive and interactive. Visit us at Netskope Careers and follow us on Twitter @Netskope and Facebook.
As the Systems Engineer you will help build out our existing infrastructure and troubleshoot problems as they arise ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability of Netskope’s production services.
- Embrace our corporate culture by fostering collaboration without boundaries, encourage teamwork and communication that is clear, open, and honest.
- Develop and actively supply implementations, service definitions, component interfaces and experimental prototypes to the operations, and engineering teams for systems within a product or service family.
- Design, develop, test, document, and implement strategies, automation, and solutions for Netskope’s production services.
- Understand, and be able to communicate, the nonfunctional requirements for the system (security, reliability, scalability, maintainability, etc.).
- Become a subject matter expert on all aspects of designated Netskope products, services, and their dependent infrastructure in order to support and improve the reliability, function, and scalability of these solutions.
- 5+ years demonstrated expertise in designing, building and managing complex computing systems.
- Comprehensive understanding of computer internal architecture and design to include working knowledge of specific details and design of some variants of the *NIX based operating systems.
- Experience with business requirements and functional specifications regarding interface development, functional architecture, and distributed software design/implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to develop large-scale functional system architectures and implementation designs, in collaboration with stakeholders in a distributed workforce environment.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to act as subject matter expert, tracking technology/industry trends, and to provide data-driven reasoning for recommending technology paths.
- Demonstrated ability to sanitize and automate a rapidly growing global system
- Deep expertise with operational support systems, automation, and CI/CD tools
- Knowledge of the Agile project management methodologies.
- Knowledge in a variety of programming languages including Python, C, C++, Go.
- Experience with modern cloud and virtualization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, GCP, KVM, OpenNebula, OpenStack or any orchestration platforms)
- Established track record for providing valuable technical details to developers and engineers.
- Established track record for providing valuable feedback during planning and implementation of existing projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or combination of comparable education and experience typically obtained by 5 or more years related work experience.