As an Inside Sales Parts Expert with Transwest you will be responsible for the retail, commercial and industrial sales of transportation products and services to retail customers and the Transwest Service Department. The Parts Expert must be a good steward of Transwest, cross sell departments, utilize and manage all company resources, meet departmental objectives and be above all reproach.
We offer a full benefits package including medical, dental, life, disability insurance, 401(K), HSA match, FSA, paid time off and an employee car discount program for eligible employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide elite customer service by assisting customers promptly and courteously with their purchases and efficiently processing of their orders.
- Greet and receives customers in a welcoming manner.
- Listen, exhibit energy and project a genuine willingness to assist.
- Effectively communicate with clientele to ensure objective, ask pertinent open-ended questions and provide information to assist customer.
- Effectively communicate with technicians and retail customer to ensure correct part is ordered.
- Provide prompt, courteous and accurate service to customers face-to-face.
- Drives sales through engagement of customers, suggestive selling, and sharing product knowledge.
- Be processed focus and record departmental data; i.e. lost sales.
- Answer telephones professionally and pleasantly.
- Follow-up on customer orders and resolve problems to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Communicate often and timely with customer and associates.
- Communicate, resolve problems, handle conflict and make effective decisions.
- Effectively communicate to customers any relevant policies and/or procedures regarding purchases, returns, credit terms, etc.
- Directs customers through the facility by escorting them.
- Maintain familiarity with all inventory products and merchandising programs and ordering systems.
- Data entry and retrieval on computer system, including entering of customer orders, branch transfers, obtain quotation information, inventory information, pricing.
- Utilize and maintain parts technical resources with most current information.
- Understand dealership credit policies.
- Set an example of professionalism and positive attitude including a neat, orderly, safe work environment.
- Assist in maintaining acceptable appearance and safe of facility, straightening, cleaning counter area and retail zone
- All other duties as assigned by the manager.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
- Activities require a full range of body motion including handling and lifting, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- The position may require standing, balancing, bending or stooping for prolonged periods of time.
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 80 pounds.
- The position requires corrected vision and hearing within normal range.
- Requires the ability to work under stressful conditions or irregular hours.
- Require lift trucks certification and basic knowledge of warehousing equipment.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Driver's License and MVR in good standing.
- Direct industry experience selling medium and heavy-duty truck parts through distribution and/or directly to the end user.
- Knowledge of computers is a must.
- Knowledge of diesel engines, gas engines, drive train, and suspensions.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to understand vague and implicit instructions and react favorably in all work situations.
- They must be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people and may be frequently called upon to handle difficult situations.
- Able to resolve problems, handle conflict and make effective decisions under pressure. They must have a long attention span in order to listen to people, perceive the real problems and bring issues to a successful conclusion.
- Have the ability to give, receive and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written materials and articulate goals and action plans.
- They must be able to understand people and be able to communicate effectively with them.
- Ability to successfully complete a General Abilities Assessment and pass post-offer background check, physical and drug screening.
- Type: Hourly
- Compensation Range: $16.00 to $28.00/hr
- Bonus Eligibility: Yes
- Reports To: Parts Manager
- Closing Date: Open until filled.
Date Posted: 01-19-2021
All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.