We are a growing group of 130+ talented people, spread over three continents and united by one common mission: To improve efficiency in shipping through transparency and data-driven decisions.
Being at the forefront of a movement that's leading to a new digital era for shipping, we continuously set ambitious goals that often produce complex challenges and drive us to constantly innovate.
Each day at MarineTraffic presents numerous opportunities to develop skills, share knowledge and have fun. We are an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, one that is fair and honest and gives our people the confidence to be bold, to try new things and to grow.
As a result of our rapid growth, we are looking to further grow our team with an Inside Sales Representative.
Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Managing prospective accounts through the full sales cycle.
- Selling to both commercial organizations and governments across a range of industry verticals.
- Managing your own pipeline and account base in Salesforce CRM. Keeping Salesforce CRM updated including sales activity, meetings, pipeline and forecasting, etc.
- Confident telephone sales manner.
- Ability to present demonstrations on services in person or by video conference.
- Accurately calculate quotations, handle invoices and license agreements.
- Gathering and reporting business and market intelligence and industry trends.
- Sharing Customer feedback, communicating product and services opportunities, with internal teams at MarineTraffic.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of MarineTraffic product lines and services. Becoming an expert in handling and understanding our big data, web based and software resources.
- Exceed activity, pipeline and revenue targets and lead contract negotiations.
- Travelling 2 - 4 times a year to represent MarineTraffic at industry events and conferences.
- Report to the Regional Sales Manager on (weekly/monthly/quarterly) sales results.
It’s essential that you:
- 2 years of prior Sales experience working for a technology vendor selling Enterprise solutions (Data, Cloud, Software, SaaS).
- Have a successful track record of selling a complex product or proposition by taking a consultative approach – you effectively build rapport, define needs and close because you propose the right solution.
- Experience of using a CRM and related processes.
- Have strong numeracy and analytical skills.
- Regularly exceeded your targets and worked to your KPI’s.
- Fluent in English and have great communication skills - written and verbal. Knowledge of a second language is a plus.
- Show an aptitude for prioritizing, planning and attention to detail.
- Use your initiative and manage your own time to good effect.
- Have good IT skills: you are comfortable using Microsoft Office.
- Collaborative approach to working with others, internally and externally.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher.
And it would be even better if you are also:
- Comfortable using Salesforce and related processes
- Experienced in using MS SQL or/and API services
- Maritime domain experience
- Work in an international, dynamic and fun environment, at a growing company.
- Continuing education and training.
- Huge learning experience and room for experimentation.
If you are looking for a role that is both challenging and fun, get your career on course by joining a globally recognized industry leader.