BuzzFeed is seeking an enthusiastic and intellectually curious Insights & Analytics Analyst. The candidate must have a proven track record in data-rich analyses and have the ability to convert data into actionable insights and recommendations for our clients. In addition to being a vital part of identifying audience and content trends, this candidate will be publishing campaign reporting and insights, critical to the success of our social advertising programs. This person must also be able to effectively interface across multiple organizations and potentially external clients.
If you’re the type of person interested in crafting a story around data trends and growing into a Research rock star then this position might just be your “OMG”!
Key responsibilities include:
- Translate data, editorial trends & branded learnings into actionable insights for multiple key internal & external stakeholders
- Strong ability to analyze and translate these data-based findings into clear, relevant insights and express those insights with passion and brevity, both visually and verbally.
- Ability to tell a story across verticals, products & platforms.
- Responsible for generating program-level analysis and deriving impactful learnings.
- Build reports for BuzzFeed's sponsored content programs.
- Actively collaborate with multiple internal teams on strategic research projects.
- Identifying gaps in processes and devising qualitative and/or quantitative solutions to address them.
- Comfort and experience in handling and manipulating large datasets
- Become an expert on social media measurement and shareable content
- Develop deep understanding of specific client vertical; Ability to create actionable insights from data to fulfill specific client requests (pre-sale to post-sale)
The following skills and experience are desirable for this position:
- Familiarity in syndicated research platforms, audience measurement tools and general industry data sources such as comScore, Google Analytics, eMarketer, etc.
- Strong analytical capabilities with demonstrated ability to effectively synthesize findings from multiple sources.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel is preferred. Intermediate-advanced Keynote skills is a must.
- Outstanding communication skills; ability to work with internal teams and leadership as well as directly with clients to manage projects.
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- A strong understanding of, and enthusiasm for, the social media landscape
- An obsession with attention to detail and excellent oral, written and client presentation skills.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in marketing, statistics, or other related field.
- 1-2 years experience in digital research preferred, although other related fields are encouraged to apply.
BuzzFeed is the social news and entertainment company. BuzzFeed is redefining online advertising with its social, content-driven publishing technology. BuzzFeed provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment, and video across the social web to its global audience of more than 200M and 1.5B monthly video views.