We love TV. We believe in the magic of content, and its impact on people's lives.
Passionate about TV, data and technology? Join our growing team as we deliver the world’s leading content demand analytics built on the largest demand database to bring science to the art of TV. Rapidly establishing as a global currency in TV, our Demand Expressions are helping to drive a new era of empirical measurement in the industry, as we aim to help our partners make the most powerful decisions, every day.
Parrot Analytics is a content demand analytics company that empowers some of the largest media and entertainment companies, brands and agencies with the world’s largest demand behavior data sets to understand global audience demand for television content. Utilizing the most advanced artificial intelligence platform in the industry, custom machine learning software and our own patents, we provide the measurement of content popularity regardless of the market or broadcast platform we surface insights to our partners both on our dedicated dashboard as well as through our growing partner insights team.
As an Insights Director, you’ll work closely with existing local and international partners to ensure they are up to date on all of our capabilities and getting the most value out of their partnership with us. You will help to deliver partner request by leading the strategy on projects, and be the go to for thought leadership in the industry. You will provide direction for new products and work closely with the sales team on prospective partners’ analysis. The ideal candidate is passionate about applying their data science and analytical expertise along with industry knowledge and has strong, clear communication skills.
- Drive deeper workflow integration and value of our content demand analytics capabilities within our partners by working with them to define key insights and then develop them using our global audience demand measurement system in a clear, concise manner.
- Work closely with all other teams to keep them informed of partner needs and feedback, bringing in other team members when necessary to deliver on partners’ asks.
- Lead the analysis for prospective partners, demonstrating capabilities and highlighting the value of using demand data.
- Mentor and train junior members of the insights team.
- Discover new applications for demand data, especially for marketing.
- Focus on consistently pursuing the best in the world insight and data outputs.
What you will bring to the role:
- Strong analytical skills, including familiarity with common data science approaches and structured thinking to identify starting points and apply methodical data analysis
- A focus on being detail-oriented, highly organized, systematic and proactive
- Excellent time management and a capacity to perform under heavy workloads, tight deadlines and changing schedules
- A capacity to be a self-starter who can manage external relationships whether presenting a report or scoping out a meaningful insight project for a potential partner
- Effective communication of technical results both verbally and in writing to internal teams, clients and key industry stakeholders
- A capacity to work well with others in a high-energy, high-impact environment with significant freedom
- A passion for your work which allows you to have a flexible approach to working hours and dealing with team members in multiple time zones
- A positive attitude, with creativity and a passion for technology
- An absolute commitment to put team results first with a desire to help others flourish and be their best
- Excitement about being an integral part of a fun, fast-paced start-up on a phenomenal global growth trajectory
- Experience working in remote offices is a plus
- Truly in-depth knowledge of the TV industry
- 6+ years of research experience in a customer facing data science and/or analytics role providing vendor insights to the TV and entertainment industry
- 2+ years of marketing analytics experience, preferably at an agency
- Technical skills including data management, data extraction, cleaning, transformation and visualization using tools such as Java, SQL, R, Python, Dashboards (PowerBI, Tableau) etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and you are able to create client-ready PowerPoint presentations.
- A formal education in research or a BS in a quantitative field (e.g., Applied Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, Physics)
- You are an astute communicator and presenter with a strong mastery of English.
- Extraordinary ambition to improve every day and be the very best in what you do in the world
What you will be experiencing in this role at Parrot Analytics:
- A high-performing team of elite professionals who are excited about introducing a new paradigm to one of society’s most impactful industries
- A diverse group of colleagues from every corner in the world joined by a common vision to better connect content creators with consumers to be best in the world
- An unrelenting emphasis on a value-driven team, with an ever-increasing team average (ask us for our ‘Parrot Play’ guide!) seeking to be the best in the world at what they do each day
- Working with world-renowned TV studios and brands and some of the smartest data people in the industry to solve some of the biggest data and measurement problems in the TV industry every day
- The encouragement, support, and resources you need to succeed, learn and grow in the role and in your career
- A lot of love for big data, TV shows and stories that move us!
Our Guiding Values:
- We love our partners! We care intensely and passionately about achieving our vision and helping our customers be successful everyday – they have put their trust in us, so we work hard to #MakeItHappen for them
- We exist because we believe in the magic of TV content and its impact on people’s lives!
- We want to make an impact in today’s golden age of TV, by enabling our partners to make data- driven decisions across the industry – so that fans are better connected with the content they love!
- We have defined culture as the way we live and breathe every single day as an elite team to become the best in the world at what we do
- We understand the importance of disseminating knowledge, information, constructive feedback and ideas – so we work hard to over share
- We take the initiative, always champion our culture and hold everyone accountable to it, so we work hard to #LeadTheParrotWay
- We understand the value of flexibility, freedom and autonomy and embracing new ideas to help us achieve our results (mastery) , so we work hard to make sure the best ideas win
- Checking our ego at the door, we enter a ‘no politics zone’ each day and strive to learn & grow faster together, so we work hard to add value and increase the team average every day.