You may not recognise our name, but Schibsted Media Group technologies and companies empower people every day, in every corner of the world through our media and marketplace products. Schibsted employs 6,800 people across 30 countries worldwide, all dedicated to helping our 200 million users discover, build and connect. Our customers use us to sell new and old sofas, keep up with current affairs, check the weather, find a carpenter, compare prices, follow the latest fashions…and so much more!
Scientists and engineers in our team work to make 700 million of user behaviour events from all around the world understandable for analysts and business users in the company, daily. This large data set is also one of the most diverse data sets in the world and we work with the latest data technologies (Spark, AWS services, Kafka).
At the same time, we also believe that our scientists and engineers are at their best when they share ideas, problems, and solutions with each other. While we work in different application areas, we support one another and push each other to constantly learn and perfect our craft.
- Work with Product, UX teams and key stakeholders to measure product impact and identify new features opportunities.
- Be an Insights evangelist and contribute to group-wide initiatives to increase user growth.
- Proactively work to share analysis, experimentation learnings with the rest of of the organisation to promote a data-informed culture.
- Conduct and translate quantitative analysis into actionable insights to increase user growth.Follow through design and implementation of online experimentation along with product and UX teams. Validate and support results analysis.Set and coordinate implementation of data requirements and data-quality standards to cover stakeholder needs.Design, implement, and maintain KPI dashboards for Product and UX teams and key stakeholders.
Skills to create thrills
- Master’s degree in any relevant technical field such as statistics, experimental sciences (physics, chemistry, etc.), mathematics or economics.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar position
- Extensive experience with digital tracking technologies (Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Adobe Analytics, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of controlled on-line experiments statistical methods for hypothesis validation/refutation
- Extensive experience with SQL
- Extensive experience with at least one data oriented programming language such as R or Python/Pandas
- Proficiency in Tableau or other data visualization tools
- Self-starter and detail oriented. You can complete projects with the minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with multidisciplinary teams
- Fluent in English