About the Team
Today, Box helps millions of customers worldwide untether from their desks and share content in the cloud. People can now work anywhere, on any device and collaborate across the globe with complete ease and security. Box is transforming how work is done. We're developing a collaboration platform that powers organizations around the world, making it easy to share content, build workflows, edit collaboratively, and much more.
To meet this goal, it's imperative that we build diverse, high-performing teams. The Box Talent & Belonging Team is focused on creating an exceptional career experience for Boxers worldwide. We care deeply about creating meaningful development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and genuine connections within the Boxer community. We are a proactive, dynamic, and diverse group rooted in having high-impact and a team-first mindset.
About the Role
The Talent Success team is looking for a resourceful, creative, and intellectually curious instructional designer to join us in building and scaling our talent development programs. This is an exciting opportunity to jump right in and be an integral part of a team focused on inspiring the trajectory of our employee’s careers and lives. Are you ready to expand your impact as an instructional designer? This role isn’t your typical instructional design job. Our team drives conversations across the company and leads through action. You will help by designing and developing innovative learning experiences for our employees that will leave a high impact on their development and growth at Box. If you have strong project management skills, like to think outside the box, are a lifelong learner, enjoy partnering with cross-functional teams and inspiring others, then this position is for you!
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Be instrumental in helping us to shape, build, and evolve learning at Box.
- Create design concepts and develop unique and customized learning interactions, materials, and resources that engage our people and propel them to develop new skills.
- Build meaningful relationships with key stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) across the company.
- Uncover learning and development needs, gain agreement on program design and success metrics by combining your critical thinking skills and your empathy for our employees and their needs.
- Partner closely with the Sr. Manager, Leadership Development to build out our leadership and manager programs.
- Partner with the rest of the Talent Success team to pioneer our approach to learning experiences that enable our teams to develop functional and leadership skills and grow to be their best selves at work and beyond.
- Design and develop engaging, creative, and impactful in-person, blended, and online learning experiences to improve individual and organizational performance and development.
We’re excited about you because…
- Have a Bachelors degree preferably in Education.
- Have 4+ years of hands-on experience in Instructional Design.
- Have deep experience designing & developing learning programs across various delivery mediums, including in-person training, remote synchronous training, and online modules.
- Leverage your strong understanding of instructional design approaches and adult learning theory to build programs that are effective and engaging.
- Have a discerning eye and sharp critical thinking skills that you use to learn about Box needs and determine the best training approach for each situation.
- Enthusiastically dive into exploring ambiguous learning topics and demonstrate resourcefulness and curiosity to come up with creative solutions.
- Have a knack for listening to people and synthesizing various ideas and inputs to uncover the root cause of the learning gap and you develop solutions through the lens of a simple and smart learning approach.
- Have the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management & employees and are comfortable expressing views that differ from others in a firm, yet kind way.
- Have strong project management skills with the ability to manage changing priorities, handle multiple projects, meet deadlines and adapt to a changing business environment.
- Have the ability to work independently as well as be a truly collaborative partner.
- Wield your strong design eye to create and deliver visually compelling resources and learning experiences.
- Have a flair for words and bring exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Have deep experience in MS Office with advanced skills in Word & Powerpoint.
- Have experience building online modules in rapid development tools, such as (but not limited to) Storyline, Captivate, or Lectora.
- Ideally have experience with Adobe Creative Suite or are committed to learning how to use the tools.
- Have experience working with LMS platforms & online delivery of learning experiences.
Why You’ll Love Working at Box…
- You'll gain perspective on all aspects of the company and be in a position to deliver significant, lasting impact to our employee’s development and career trajectories.
- This role is very visible: you'll be an integral part of the Talent Success team and will have regular exposure to leaders across the company.
- You can bring your authentic self to work & are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of technology.
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things.
- We are challenged, developed & have meaningful impact.
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas.