As an Instructional Designer on Stripe’s Central Operations team you will analyze data, identify performance gaps, and develop solutions to drive performance through the creation and maintenance of learning curricula. You will act as a consultant to internal stakeholders as they outsource new functions, drive improvements, and adapt to rapid product and process changes.
The ideal candidate will relentlessly strive to make agent training a differentiator in our ability to support our users by ensuring a high and consistent bar for learning and development. You will design and iterate on the training delivery strategy, working across a global network of vendor operations teams.
- Design training programs, including classroom lectures, e-learning courses, and self-study sessions
- Develop and update course content to meet rapidly evolving educational needs
- Work closely with Stripe learning teams to define both the long-term strategy and the short-term tactics for training initiatives
- Conduct assessments and analysis to identify new development needs and recommend training methods accordingly
- Assist in the certification of trainers and optimize training programs by auditing classes and assessing skill proficiency of learners
- Act as advisor to internal stakeholders regarding projects, tasks, and operations
- Maintain and administer our curricula and stack of learning tools
- Sometimes work on very broadly defined, loose concepts, and sometimes on narrowly defined, tactical deliverables
- Uphold the bar for training excellence, learner experience, and good instructional design.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 7 - 10 years of Instructional Design experience or a Masters degree in Instructional Design and related experience
- Experience designing, implementing, and monitoring corporate training programs, preferably in the financial or technology industries
- Experience working with outsourced operations, or other distributed/remote teams
- A consultative and growth-oriented mindset, willing to explore outside the box solutions to complex problems
- Has expertise in adult learning modalities, ranging from just-in-time to in-person
- Experience in consulting with subject matter experts to capture learning content
- Comfort working in design and authoring platforms and learning management systems
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data and quickly translate it into high quality learning modules (e.g. e-learning, voice overs, podcasts, videos)
- Strong operational background and a track-record of making data driven decisions
Nice to haves:
- CPTD or CPLP certification
- Knowledge of Intellum and/or Evolve