Who are we?
General Assembly provides opportunities and education in technology, design, and business for individuals and enterprises, enabling people to pursue work that is meaningful to them. We offer classes, workshops, long-form courses, and events for tens of thousands of students in 14 markets worldwide, including: Boston, Chicago, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, Sydney, Austin, Seattle, Atlanta, Melbourne, and Washington DC.
A creative and resourceful individual who can conceive and develop exciting and engaging lesson plans and curriculum for GA’s technical courses. This is an individual with a strong educational background, able to balance sophisticated content creation and curriculum design with building fun and interactive learning activities. Instructional designers play a key role in designing & developing new learning experiences - this includes identifying the needs of our students, designing curricula & lessons to address those needs, and working with subject-matter experts and instructors to produce best-in-class instructional experiences that support student success.
- Manage project planning, production, and editing of curriculum materials for our campus courses.
- Develop training protocols and on-boarding materials for instructors and course producers to acclimate them to the course materials.
- Work with our education product managers to ensure that all relevant materials are designed and optimized for student learning and outcomes.
- Work with engineers and developers to identify the best ways to support instructors teaching technical tools at scale.
- Execute content plan, manage relationships with all instructors, outcomes producers, global program resources, designers and product team.
- Develop literacy and confidence in a variety of subject matters in order to guide the construction of engaging classroom materials.
- Be a gatekeeper of the brand voice. Produced materials must reflect GA’s brand voice and mission.
- Source insights into GA classroom experience through regular observation and interaction with GA instructors, students, and course support staff.
- You have experience producing content for learning web development, mobile development, data science, and/or data analysis
- You’ve had experience managing instructional staff and subject matter experts
- You've had prior curriculum development and classroom experience
- You’re comfortable in a fast-paced, early stage company work environment
It’s a plus if…
- You have specific subject-matter expertise in one or more areas of GA’s focus - design, technology, or business
- You have experience designing adult training courses
- You have used Git/GitHub to manage a codebase
- You have experience using AWS, SQL, XCode, and/or Android Studio