Instructure is seeking an innovative learning designer to create amazing learning experiences. We’re looking for a generalist with a broad background in creating engaging digital content, instructional and interactive design, technical writing, learning and edtech theories. Strong written and verbal communication, and active listening skills needed for the interface between clients, designers, and sales team. Ability to present resources and facilitate conversation in a professional and polished manner. Demonstrated Canvas LMS instructional design expertise a must!
What you will be doing:
- Our dedicated instructional design services enable clients to focus more on building learning content and supporting learners, and less on the technical aspects involved in designing Canvas courses.
- Whether it be in-person design workshops, 1:1 consulting, or drop-in office hours, the dedicated instructional designer will work collaboratively with our clients to align, enrich, and elevate their Canvas course content.
What you'll need to know/have:
- Demonstrated Canvas LMS instructional design expertise a must!
- This is a remote-based position for a client located in California
- A strong portfolio demonstrating mad skills designing and building eLearning experiences within Canvas for web and mobile platforms
- Experience with HTML, Graphic Design, and Layout skills
- Knowledge of learning theories and student engagement and usability
- Technical skills in using instructional design software and authoring tools
- Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously while meeting project deadlines
- Demonstrated troubleshooting/problem-solving mindset
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience contributing to the creation and execution of project and communication plans
- You love fast-paced, get-stuff-done roles and thrive in a dynamic environment
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional design, adult learning, education technology, or other design-related fields. Master’s or PhD degree in design-related fields a plus.
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure!
- Competitive salary and 401k
- 100% paid medical, dental, disability, and life insurance
- HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, 9 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules
- Gym club reimbursements and rewards-based fitness tracking
- iMacs or Macbooks
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
At Instructure we participate in E-Verify and yes, in case you didn't catch it from the above, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.