Our Integration Engineering team is responsible for providing technical leadership and guidance to our users and partners throughout the entire lifecycle of their Stripe experience. Our users and partners are an extremely diverse group - from the fastest growing, technology driven startups in the world today, to traditional enterprise customers who are transitioning to a more modern infrastructure, to entirely new businesses embarking on a launch.
Core Responsibilities of Integration Engineers are:
- Supporting Stripe’s Sales, Partnerships, and Account Management teams in helping customers understand what is technically possible with Stripe.
- Understanding user and partner requirements and communicate how Stripe can solve their business and technical challenges.
- Planning and executing integration engineering end-to-end, from high-level architecture down to code implementation.
- Creating technical content to show customers how to implement specific use cases or best practices.
- Serving as the primary, ongoing technical point of contact for our largest users’ and partners’ technical teams.
- In international markets, educating our users and the developer community about Stripe’s value proposition, best practices, and new technical developments.
It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in at least one area, and have some interest and capabilities in 2-3 of these areas.
As you get started at Stripe, our current team members will devote a large amount of time to teaching you and helping you gain a level of comfort and expertise with Stripe, our services and most frequent use cases, and how we interact with users. Later, we’d love for you to take on this role with newer members of the team, especially since teaching is a great way to learn and to reinforce what you know.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- A strong technical generalist.
- Has at least 2+ years of experience in Integration Engineering, or related field.
- Comfortable with code-level debugging (Stripe code and user code).
- Empathetic, collaborative, communicative, consultative.
- Confident and comfortable with customers.
- Intellectually curious, with great problem solving skills.
- Fluent in French and English.
As an Integration Engineer, you’ll be expected to:
- Be comfortable talking about technical concepts, and explaining how Stripe works, both from a product feature and API architecture perspective.
- Have tinkered with a bunch of languages and services, giving enough insight across the programming landscape to step into unfamiliar code and make sense of what’s going on.
- Be able to think on your feet and dive into helping our users and partners with their technical issues.
- Excel at generating excitement around what Stripe is building within our prospects and users.
- Enjoy the puzzle of solving open-ended problems, both individually and as a member of our team.
- Empathize with users of all experience levels and see through their questions to quickly grasp the issues they’re facing.
Please include these in your application:
- Code you’re proud of.
- Technical products or projects you’ve worked on.
- Languages you are fluent in, both human and technical.
- What you find most interesting about Stripe.