Tickets.com, an MLB company, delivers innovative, cutting-edge technologies to enable frictionless and unforgettable fan experiences in venues across the globe. Together with MLB, Tickets.com is changing the landscape of the live sports and entertainment industry, delivering new digital venue and ticketing experiences to millions of fans. Our Technology team builds platforms and products that provide a new smart ticketing solution and venue experience. Using cutting-edge technology, our platform and applications are consumed by fans, stadiums, and MLB teams
We are assembling a world-class team to build on these experiences, to scale platforms and products that anticipate emerging opportunities, including dynamic pricing and offers and digital, contactless ticketing. Our mission is to provide premium, innovative live experiences for our clients and their patrons.
Tickets.com is looking for an Integration Engineer passionate about building engaging products for our fans.
The Opportunity: The Integration Engineer will join the Integrated Services team at Tickets.com and will assist in delivering high-quality and validated technology solutions for existing and emerging technology initiatives. The Integration Engineer will participate in extensive research on new technology to assist in documenting business opportunities and use cases. The Integration Engineer will evaluate, recommend, test, design, plan and coordinate the integration of emerging technology, software applications and equipment to deliver newly reimagined solutions across MLB properties. The Integration Engineer will aim to speed deployments of these technology innovations through use of automation or other robotics or machine learning to accelerate the company’s technology agenda. The Integration Engineer is a technology generalist who is a clear thinker who can understand and execute complex test plans and work with a wide range of production, broadcast, and IT products. With expert-level knowledge of emerging technology, networking, and application concepts you will have the opportunity to serve as a subject matter expert and be a point of escalation to operational support teams.
Essential Job Functions:
The ideal candidate would have been exposed to cutting-edge equipment and software application technologies focused on cloud connectivity in a patron-facing environment with an emphasis on providing highly reliable, resilient, efficient, and secure service.
- Act with integrity and respect. Apply and obey applicable statutes, laws, regulations, and internal policies.
- Apply general knowledge of technologies, computer processes and systems in support of project team and customer issues/requests to drive completion of all assignments.
- Act as a contributing team member with ownership over existing and new data communications equipment including installation, configuration, inventory management, and repairs.
- Accumulate extensive technical knowledge of proprietary software and hardware products and demonstrate a thorough understanding of product features, capabilities, standard error messages, operating systems, file relationships and complex software issues.
- Help to develop and communicate plans for investing in new technology solutions, including identifying cost reduction opportunities.
- Review and evaluate products in the pilot stage to further lead discussions on learnings and recommend the best way forward with business.
- Lead Proof of Concept requirements, technical evaluation and play a part in program maturity while taking a new product from pilot to production.
- Collaborate with other business units on the development of innovative ideas, processes and practices that will improve MLB offerings or patron experience.
- Elicit and consolidate information from stakeholders and industry to inform project activities ensuring alignment with strategic business objectives and future needs.
- Identify product issues, develop risk mitigation strategies and implementation plans; recognize problems, evaluate alternatives and recommend solutions.
- Build the framework for scaling emerging products.
- Research and recommend innovative approaches, tools, and techniques to further enhance solution efficiency.
- Ensure quality assurance and compliance obligations through the implementation of process improvements to maintain rigor and excellence in emerging technologies project activities.
- Provide escalation product support while triaging (identify, analyze, prioritize and classify) product deficiencies / enhancement requests and bug fixes.
- Perform Operational Readiness Testing for software and hardware products.
- Develop, document and recommend actionable bug fixes and enhancements to software products through daily interactions on a Sprint Team.
- Create, update and maintain documentation related to equipment or application configurations and configuration instructions.
- Ability to execute tasks with high accuracy and thoroughness, maintain confidentiality while dealing with sensitive information.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Information Security, Cybersecurity, Computer Science, or a related technology field.
- Minimum of 5 years in a role exposed to delivering technology solutions.
- A flexible schedule with ability to provide weekend and evening support.
- Ability to travel to remote locations as needed.
- Must exhibit interest in new technology and apply to business solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of application delivery components and able to demonstrate skill in troubleshooting load-balanced, multi-tiered containerized & legacy applications.
- Excellent understanding of scripting and declarative languages is a plus. (e.g., Bash, GO, Python, HashiCorp Configuration Language HCL)
- A basic degree of comfort interacting with APIs is a plus. (e.g., Postman, Paw, Insomnia, etc.)
- Experience with enterprise support and communications tools and platforms like ServiceNow, Splunk, Jira, TestRails, Slack, Teams and Zoom.
- Basic knowledge of networking concepts, including topology, IP networking, protocols, components, and principles.
- Knowledge and experience setting up and troubleshooting broadcast equipment and IT equipment such as printers, routers, switches, Wi-Fi access points, and Android OS devices (handhelds & tablets).
- Experience working with an EMM solution such as Soti, VMWare, Samsung Knox, or JAMF.
- Basic understanding and experience working with logging and monitoring tools such as Splunk, Orion, GCP Logs Explorer, Datadog, Logstash, or Nagios.
- Excellent writing skills for technical and non-technical documents.
- Solid analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills with ability to explain technical concepts to audiences at different levels.
Pay Range: $70-120K
We offer an Outstanding Benefits Package that includes:
- STD & LTD
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & AD&D
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO, STO, Holidays including Year-End Holiday Break)
- HSA & FSA
- Legal Plan
- Pet Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- MLB Tickets
The hiring range for this position is $70,000 to $120,000
Tickets.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please click here to view our CCPA.