SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Production Integration Technician
- Stage, set up, assemble, test, and install flight hardware.
- Use of mechanical tools and precision calibrated tools – torque wrenches, micrometers and calipers.
- Hands on operations with both large as well as small, fragile assemblies.
- Reading and interpreting blue prints.
- Perform work according to procedures, specifications and test instructions.
- Collaborate with production engineers to develop and document activities.
- Ensure all production services are performed on time, safely and in a professional manner.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
At least 2 years of experience in a production environment or an A&P license.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Some experience in the aerospace industry, aviation, military or other high-reliability operating environment preferred.
- Experience with forklifts, cranes and heavy equipment is a plus.
- Knowledge of pressure, temperature and flow measurement devices; mechanical and electrical systems; Propulsion engines.
- Skill in operating and manipulating machinery and various hand and power tools requiring manual dexterity.
- A demonstrated ability in reading/understanding technical drawings, blueprints, manuals and reports.
- Ability to use precision measuring instruments.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment.
- Ability to perform hydro and pneumatic testing.
- Experience with performing electronic testing and inspection using portable measuring devices.
- Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Must be able to climb ladders and work in tight spaces.
- Must be willing to work 1st shift (5:00am-3:30pm) or 2nd shift (3:30pm- 2:00am), overtime and weekends as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.