CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an entry level Interior Designer based in our Chicago office. Look at the description below. If you think your skills and experience, make you a good match for this position, we’d love to hear from you. We’re looking for creative, curious, empathetic people to join our Living-Centered Design movement.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
CannonDesign is an integrated design solutions firm focused on helping people continuously flourish. Whether designing for innovations in health, new scientific discoveries, equity in education or the next big idea in business, we use our Living-Centered Design approach to help organizations realize widespread change. Our ability to design transformational places, plans and strategies is why Fast Company named us a World Changing Company and one of the most innovative design firms in the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This entry-level position will be a member of our multi-disciplinary team and will collaborate with design and technical leadership and be an integral part of project teams. Under the direct supervision of designated project leadership the primary responsibilities will include the following:
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Under direct supervision of the Interior Design leader, assist the design team in all project phases including Programming, Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents, and Construction Administration.
- Under direct supervision, assist with furniture, fixtures and equipment (FFE) selections, layouts and documentation throughout all phases of interior design work, as required.
- Assist in the design development and documentation of interior spaces, including drawings of floor plans, reflected ceiling plans, pattern plans, elevations, details, room finishes, etc.
- Conduct research as directed for product and finish selections; assist in the development of finish plans and specifications.
- Become familiar with building and life safety codes and their correct application to Interior Design work.
- Assist in preparing computerized renderings and other presentation materials.
- Produce drawings and perform support functions as directed in conformance with project time, cost and quality constraints.
- Follow CannonDesign drawing standards.
- In some offices, may maintain the Interior Design library by organizing and continually updating new and discontinued materials as determined by office.
- Order samples and materials from vendors.
- May visit job site to verify existing conditions and observe construction progress. Site visits frequently require a physical walk-through of site.
- May perform other duties as required.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor or Master in Interior Design or Interior Architecture or non-professional Bachelor degree within a school offering an NAAB accredited degree by hire date.
- Strong creative design portfolio as well as strong communication, teamwork, presentation, graphics, organizational skills and multi-tasking skills a must.
- Proficiency with Revit and Enscape preferred. Proficiency with Bluebeam, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Suite required.
- Travel as required.
As a Federal Contractor, CannonDesign is required to comply with President Biden's Executive Order 14042. Therefore, as a condition of employment, all employees must provide proof of receipt of a full COVID-19 vaccination unless qualified for a valid medical or religious accommodation.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our DEI Council, Employee Resource Groups and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.