We're looking for an Intermediate QA Engineer to help us build a culture of high quality. You’ll support the development team to do their best work and deliver a product our users love. This role will require you to flex both your core QA testing principles as well as your engineering chops to help us automate as much of our process as possible.
The ideal candidate will be excited to shape how ZenHub does quality assurance. Detail oriented and user-focused, the Quality Assurance Analyst needs to sweat the small stuff, so our users don’t have to. You’ll be working with Engineering, Success and Product teams to build a process that enables everyone to ship with confidence.
A little about us:
ZenHub is the leading team collaboration and project management suite built into GitHub and GitHub Enterprise. At ZenHub, every team member is charged with getting to know customers deeply, learning how to solve their toughest problems, and turning them into evangelists.
Our customers are smart cookies: some of the best teams at companies like Imgur, NASA, Microsoft, Docker, and Zenefits use ZenHub to stay in the zone. Ideal team members are technical enough to get their hands dirty and product-focused enough to help translate customer requests into product features.
What We'll Accomplish Together:
- Work within the scope of our web-based application as well as our browser extensions
- Review user stories, design an acceptance criteria to ensure full understanding of requirements for product and custom features of our application
- Identify test conditions from requirements, map test case requirements and define test plans
- Work with QA team and Product Owners to plan test schedules in accordance with project scope and delivery dates
- Develop, document and maintain test cases
- Execute test cases (e.g. regression testing, functional testing, etc.), evaluate test cases and report test results
- Identify, replicate, investigate and report bugs and verify bug fixes
- Collaborate with QA team to identify tools and methods to improve QA processes
- Participate in QA team meetings and internal project meetings as needed
- Be able to work in a fast paced environment and find the right balance between delivering quality products and aggressive release cycles
- Build subject matter expertise in product domains and utilize the knowledge to provide estimate, identity mitigated risks, assess product quality and release readiness
- Develop new, and maintain existing QA automation test suites
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ years experience in a QA role at an enterprise SaaS application company
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and best practise
- Expert knowledge in developing comprehensive and scenario-based test plan, test cases given business requirement/user stories
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in an environment with rapidly changing responsibilities and requirements
- Proven record of analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Test tools experience with TestRail, Testlink or similar
- Good communication skills, and ability to collaborate with Product Management, Development and QA team members
- (Bonus) Experience in performance, security and accessibility testing
- (Bonus) Experience with automation tools like Cypress or Selenium
More about ZenHub:
Don’t sweat it if you don’t have everything listed in the role description. One of our values is “Growth Mindset”. If you have some of the qualities listed above, and are excited about the role and motivated to learn – we want to hear from you!
At ZenHub our people are the priority. We believe the more perspectives we embrace, the stronger our team. We recruit the best, and welcome people of all backgrounds regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or ability. With a focus on respect and a commitment to continuous learning, we’re building an inclusive culture that supports our team in doing their best work. We work hard to provide our full-time team members perks that make their lives better by offering:
○ Boundaryless working style. We want our team to work from wherever is best for them. Whether you prefer to work from the comfort of your home office or from our bright, spacious, and dog-friendly Zen-den, we support you. For those opting to wfh, we offer a generous monthly stipend to cover ongoing remote work expenses. If you opt to join us in-office, we’ll contribute to your commute expenses or bike maintenance.
○ A flexible vacation policy. We work hard and it’s important we take time to recharge. We have a flexible time off policy with no hard limit and encourage our team members to take a minimum of 3 weeks off per year.
○ A commitment to continued learning and development. We provide an annual professional development budget to use towards conferences, classes, books, and other opportunities to maintain and expand your skill set.
○ Fitness reimbursements. Stay fit with our monthly reimbursements for health-related benefits like gym memberships, fitness apps, and personal training.
○ Top-of-the-line equipment. In addition to receiving a company smartphone of your choice with a paid voice/data plan, every team member receives a generous annual new tech budget to try new gadgets, tools, and platforms.
○ Flexible parental leave policies. We understand the importance and demands of a growing family. In addition to state, provincial, and federal leave allowances, parents on our team have the ability to create flexible schedules or take days off when family needs to come first.
○ Social Connection. When it’s safe to gather again our team will have access to a shared collaboration space in Vancouver, but our team is focused on fostering strong relationships and an equitable experience no matter where in the world you’re working.