Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking an Electrical Engineer Intern, who is a hands-on engineer with a passion for the automotive industry and electrical hardware engineering. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Be responsible fordeveloping, debugging, and validation of Lucid’s Gen II BMS
- Contribute to powertrain and vehicle-level integrations from prototype to production
- Be part of a team to develop advanced and safety-critical electronic product
- Currently enrolled in B.S. / M.S. in Electrical Engineering, or PhD in Power Electronics
- Proof of enrollment in current or into next program (MS, PhD)
- Solid background in electronics components and circuits. Experience in mixed signal circuit development for high-speed high-accuracy applications is a plus
- Previous working experience with high voltage testing, power electronics, and analog electronics
- Good problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong communication skills
- Familiar with circuit simulation/analysis tools and CAD tools
- Proficient in schematic capture and PCB layout tools
Timing: May- August, or June-September pending class schedules.
Duration of Internship: Our internship program is 12 weeks; the end date is flexible based on individual needs.
Work Location & Environment: This position will be in Newark, CA, and is fully in-person. The working environment will be a mix of lab & office work.
Relocation: One round trip flight to the assigned work location from/to permanent residence.
Housing/Transportation: You must provide your own living arrangements and transportation in the local area.
Background Check: All offers of employment are contingent on clearing a background check.
Drug Screening: All offers of employment are contingent on passing a drug screen.
Medical benefits: Dental and vision on day 1 for all interns working 32+ hours a week; medical for interns in California working 32+ hours a week.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.