Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
As the Intern, Braking Systems, you must possess a strong understanding of hands on mechanical engineering principles. As our ideal candidate, you exhibit a can-do attitude and approach your work with vigor and determination. You can successfully demonstrate excellence in your respective field, possess the ability to learn quickly and strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Setting up, running, and documenting component and vehicle-level tests under the supervision of engineering mentors.
- Developing testing rigs from engineering first principles, typically containing a blend of mechanical and electronic systems.
- Data processing and analysis.
- Take one or more technical projects related to braking (potentially also involving suspension and steering) from idea to completion.
- Apply data-driven and first principles decision making and teamwork to solve complex problems and questions
- Support other engineers in component/system design and validation, vehicle-level data collection and analysis, program management, and logistics
- Ask questions, absorb information, and develop technical skills to make the most of this opportunity - we’re here to help you as much as you’re here to help us!
- Field(s) of study: Mechanical engineering, or related field
Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD Degree program at an accredited university.
- Proof of enrollment in current or into next program (MS, PhD)
- Tenacity and passion for learning
- Demonstrated experience with hands-on projects
- Applied understanding of engineering first principles
- Strong verbal and written communication skills--ability to clearly and concisely convey information and be organized in documentation
- Python and Matlab experience is a plus
- CAD (CATIA, Solidworks, Creo, NX, etc.)
- Experience in Formula SAE, Baja, or similar extracurriculars, Robotics, personal engineering projects is a major plus
Timing: May- August, or June-September pending class schedules.
Duration of Internship: Our internship program is 12 weeks; the end date is flexible based on individual needs.
Work Location & Environment: This position will be in Newark, CA, and is fully in-person. The working environment will be a mix of lab & office work.
Relocation: One round trip flight to the assigned work location from/to permanent residence.
Housing/Transportation: You must provide your own living arrangements and transportation in the local area.
Background Check: All offers of employment are contingent on clearing a background check.
Drug Screening: All offers of employment are contingent on passing a drug screen.
Medical benefits: Dental and vision on day 1 for all interns working 32+ hours a week; medical for interns in California working 32+ hours a week.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.