We are seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst Intern for the Fall 2016 Semester. The Business Intelligence Analyst Intern will focus on analyzing our existing core data sets to identify areas where AccuWeather can enhance its spatial coverage for the customers. These data sets include, but are not limited to, forecast, climatology and current conditions. The intern will also work closely with the Location Management Team, and will interface with internal and external customers to produce high quality data sets used by many of AccuWeather’s industry leading products.
- Assist with basic analytical analysis of department and customer data
- Research opportunities for conferences, potential clients, competitors, analytical methods and software programs.
- Edit and assemble materials for presentations to clients, speaking engagements, conferences and meetings.
- Other duties as assigned
- Working toward a BS in science or technology field required
- BS in Geography or Meteorology is preferred
- Capable of explaining solutions to problems or questions in both a technical and non-technical fashion
- Experience with SAS, SPSS, STATA or ArcMap is preferred
- General understanding of different areas of business including branding, marketing, advertising, communications, IT, meteorology and sales, and how they interact
- Basic understanding of multivariate analysis, time series regression, spatial analytics and geostatistical analysis
- Willingness and ability to learn different analytical methodologies
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word is required
- Experience with Microsoft PowerPivot is preferred
- Excellent Communication, both verbal and written, especially in regards to explaining technical information
- Comfortable with fast-moving environments, with a high level of multi-tasking
AccuWeather is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.