Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a technical program management, software program strategy intern. This position requires an experienced student with a basic understanding of software engineering lifecycles and a passion for working on EVs. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly, and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Define, track, and manage software validation plans
- Participate in cross-functional discussions with Product Management, Software, and Hardware Engineering teams
- Coordinate with Engineering Managers to track validation progress and provide updates on different validation milestones in program meetings
- Track issues, prioritize, and drive to resolution with urgency to meet expedited schedule
- Identify gaps and areas for improvements and drive to a solution
- Experience with Microsoft software, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiar with project management tools such as Jira, Confluence or related
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience using Smart Sheet
- Ability to communicate efficiently in a professional manner
Field(s) of study: Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Communications or related fields
- Will consider undergrads Junior level or above Pursuing Bachelor’s or master's degree
- Proof of enrollment in current or into next program (MS, PhD)
Nice to Have:
- Experience working cross-functionally with multiple teams
- Previous industry experience in related fields
Timing: May-August, or June-September pending class schedules.
Duration of Internship: Our internship program is 12 weeks; the end date is flexible based on individual needs.
Work Location & Environment: This position will be in Newark, CA, and is fully in-person. The working environment will be a mix of lab & office work.
Compensation: Student compensation is based on location and current degree level, non-negotiable.
Visa Sponsorship: Lucid may but is not obligated to sponsor foreign national employees requiring company sponsorship for U.S. employment authorization.
Relocation: One round trip flight to the assigned work location from/to permanent residence.
Housing/Transportation: You must provide your own living arrangements and transportation in the local area.
Background Check: All offers of employment are contingent on clearing a background check.
Drug Screening: All offers of employment are contingent on passing a drug screen.
Medical benefits: Dental and vision on day 1 for all interns working 32+ hours a week; medical for interns in California working 32+ hours a week
The hourly range for internships specific to the location is $28/hr-$68/hr and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account: degree level and job-specific domain. You may be eligible for additional compensation as well as access to our medical, dental, and vision programs.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.