Okta is looking for an experienced and self-motivated internal communications sr. specialist to help us scale our program globally. This role will primarily focus on the rollout, content strategy, execution, and measurement for Okta’s future intranet / employee portal. Additionally, this person will be responsible for communications enablement, helping us scale our internal communications program globally, and working directly with Okta’s head of internal communications to develop materials and programs that inform, inspire, and engage our global workforce.
- 5+ years of experience in internal communications or content management; intranet / employee portal and backend content management experience a must.
- Thrives on collaborating with a diverse, cross-functional team, serving as a trusted internal communications partner.
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to work effectively in a team environment and develop trust and credibility with various stakeholders.
- High attention to detail and keen project management skills: keeps everyone on track and organized.
- Strong writing and editing skills and the ability to vary tone and format depending on the author and/or audience.
- Sharp eye for design; Proficiency with Adobe Suite, especially Photoshop and Illustrator, preferred.
- Communications experience in enterprise technology companies is highly preferred.
- Develop and manage editorial calendar of company-wide and department specific content; Draft compelling intranet site content to inspire, educate, and inform our global workforce.
- Develop internal communications toolkits (think ready-made templates, examples, and guidelines) and training materials to enable employees to communicate more efficiently and effectively.
- Partner closely with key stakeholders to understand their employee communications needs and partner with them on content planning and development (IT, HR, Workplace, etc.).
- Oversee authoring and proper use of intranet sections for official company news, announcements and events.
- Edit community-generated content for adherence to Okta’s voice and tone.
- With direction from Okta’s Manager of Internal Communications and Head of Knowledge Management, support intranet governance activities, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Develop and maintain intranet documentation.
- Monitor analytics and synthesize into meaningful information to share with content editors and owners.
- Train and guide content editors and owners.
- Assist with testing and communication of new features and enhancement.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.