We're building the connected finance businesses deserve. Unleashing them with tomorrow's technology, today. Our flexible payments solutions help global enterprises — like Samsung, Deliveroo and Adidas — launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We liberate smart, passionate people to collaborate, innovate and do their best work — faster. That's why we're one of the most valuable fintech firms around. But we're just getting started. By cutting through financial complexity, we'll empower companies to change the world. Join us. Unlock your potential.
Build tomorrow, today.
Internal Controls Analyst at Checkout.com
Internal Controls Analyst provides independent assurance of the effectiveness of management's control of business activities (the first line) and of the control processes maintained by the Risk Framework Owners and Policy Owners (the second line).
The role is to contribute to the permanent control plans and their execution, in particular but not limited to:
- Control of internal processes and procedures and their correct application,
- Control of compliance with the laws and regulations in force and in particular with the order of 3 December 2014,
- The control of the conformity of new products and activities,
- The control of the fight against money laundering and the financing of terrorism,
- The control of employee ethics.
- Reporting to the Internal control manager the results of the controls performed
- Maintain the risk register updated so internal controls fits the reality of the activities
- The role will regularly report on identified anomalies and follow up on recommendations until their resolution
- The role is required to contribute to (i) validate the internal control systems, and check that the permanent and operational monitoring functions are correctly fulfilled (ii) ensure that procedures manuals are updated and that they are made available to staff, that they are kept up to date and that they describe for each operation carried out
- Contribute to the implementation of a tool to automate the controls (dashboard, follow up on recommendations etc.)
- Formalise and execute the 2nd level permanent controls to ensure that the management company operates in accordance with the regulations in force and that managers and employees comply with internal procedures
- Assist the team (first line) when setting up new products, new services or when a essential or important activities are outsourced
- Propose areas for improvement and ensure follow-up measures taken by the internal control department
- A university degree and experience in risk / compliance / assurance (5 years or more);
- Institute of Internal Audit, internal control or ACAMS certification (preferable);
- Experience in compliance and operational risk controls within the financial industry is preferred;
- Strong analytical skills and experience with industry, regulatory developments and willingness to learn new concepts and methods;
- A detailed understanding of financial institutions operations and regulations as well a quantitative approach to problem solving;
- Analytical, risk focused and ideally capable of using data analytics to gain insights into transactions, clients and products;
- Curious and willing to discover all aspects of the business, with the ambition to advance your career in an international environment;
- Reliable when working independently, with sound judgment for when to escalate issues.
What we stand for
At Checkout.com, everything starts with our values, including the experience we offer our people.
We supercharge your professional growth with career development programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences.
We don't stop at 'good' here. We strive for excellence amongst our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly peer-nominated Hero awards.
We're proud of our global connections and inclusive environment. So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events together.
Want to see us in action?
More about Checkout.com
We empower businesses to adapt, innovate and thrive with the connected payments they deserve. Our technology makes payments seamless. We provide the fastest, most reliable payments in more than 150 currencies, with in-country acquiring, world-class fraud filters and reporting, through one API. And we can accept all major international credit and debit cards, as well as popular alternative and local payment methods. Checkout.com launched in 2012, and we now have a team of 1000 people across 17 international offices. To date, we’ve raised a total of $830 million, with our recent Series C valuing us at $15 billion.
We believe in equal opportunities
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is the right thing to do and is central to our success.