iCapital Network is powering the world’s alternative investment marketplace. Our financial technology platform has transformed how advisors, wealth management firms, asset managers, and banks evaluate and recommend bespoke public and private market strategies for their high-net-worth clients. iCapital services approximately $70 billion in global client assets invested in close to 750 funds across more than 125,000 underlying accounts.
iCapital was named Solutions Provider of the Year at the 2020 MMI/Barron’s Industry Awards and selected to the 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021 Forbes FinTech 50, a list of the top 50 innovative financial technology companies that are transforming finance through technology.
About the Role
This role will involve accounting responsibilities, such as month-end close duties, assisting with the preparation of budgets/forecasts, cash management, and consolidation of financial reports. The Vice President, International Controller will be on the Corporate Finance team and will be based in the Lisbon, Portugal office.
- Revenue and trail calculations for international funds
- Understand economics of newly created funds internationally.
- Track payments of revenue and ensure payment of trails for international funds.
- Month end close accounting for international legal entities
- Coordinate with iCapital US Controller and local accounting firms to ensure books are closed and financials are prepared timely and accurately.
- Review of books and records to ensure accuracy for local subsidiaries and consolidated international financials.
- Cash management and reconciliation
- Reconcile and record all entries associated with international cash accounts.
- Monitor cash needs of international subsidiaries.
- Process and payment of operating expenses and other cash transfers.
- Coordinate with local accounting firms to prepare and file tax related forms.
- Understand and communicate rules and regulations with other members of Corporate Finance and local office managers.
- Corporate finance advisor to Client Solutions
- iCapital is growing in Europe and Asia, and this role will also work closely with Client Solutions as we enter new locations.
- Partner closely with other support areas like Compliance, Legal, and Fund Finance.
- Identify and remediate process gaps and implement effective internal controls; Improve documentation of internal control processes.
- Other special projects as needed.
- 10+ years of Corporate Accounting experience within the Financial Services industry
- Fund Accounting experience is a plus
- Familiarity with accounting for international entities in various jurisdictions preferred
- Familiarity with NetSuite is a plus
- Knowledge of booking journal entries and consolidation of financial statements
- Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in Accounting
- CA or CPA license preferred
- Proficient in Excel and Power Point
- Ability to manage large sets of data and be able to implement checks and balances
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detailed oriented with big picture capability
- Fluency in English required—both written and verbal
iCapital offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a total compensation program consisting of competitive salary, annual performance bonus, and equity for all full-time employees; healthcare with 100% employer-paid health and dental insurance; and paid time off (PTO).
While we are currently working remotely due to COVID-19, this position will be based in our Lisbon, Portugal office.
For additional information on iCapital Network, please visit: