Hi, we’re Canary… a NYC-based startup that helps people connect to their family, their community and their home in new ways. Our first product is an award-winning, all-in-one home security device that makes it easy to not just see, but understand what’s happening in your home from anywhere.
Canary is looking for an entrepreneurial, energetic International Marketing Manager to join our International team and drive user growth and brand building goals throughout Europe and beyond. This is a fantastic opportunity to partake in launching and growing an exciting and meaningful product in new markets and to establish Canary as a market leader.
As an International Marketing Manager, you will play a lead role in growing Canary from a newly launched product to a brand of global proportions. We are looking for a marketing athlete who is well versed in multiple facets of marketing and must be able to effectively manage internal and external teams. You will be responsible for setting strategy and goals by region and measuring performance and assessing data to further optimize outcomes.
*This position is based in NYC and reports into the Director of International
What You'll Be Up To:
- Refine and develop quarterly and annual Marketing plans for select international markets in line with the business’s strategic plan and global branding, and in collaboration with marketing team members across areas such as acquisition marketing and communications
- Coordinate and execute the marketing plan in collaboration with external agencies and internal teams, including messaging, creative development and media selection
- Lead the creation and execution of international marketing campaigns across print, digital, e-commerce, retail, PR, social and other channels
- Build Canary brand equity, ensuring consistency in messaging, aesthetic and personality while remaining sensitive to local nuances
- Develop & manage a global tool box including localized content and messaging
- Inform communications to existing users to increase customer loyalty and LTV
- Stay on top of market developments, consumer needs and new marketing channels in key international markets, and make sure that knowledge is shared within the organization to innovate and evolve the go-to-market approach
- Track and report monthly KPIs for each region, identify opportunities to improve
- Deliver all marketing activity within the agreed budget
- Champion success stories internally to international and HQ teams
What You'll Need To Have:
- 5 years experience in managing marketing strategy and execution, ideally has managed some component of a US brand expanding geographically
- Demonstrable experience in a branded environment across the full marketing mix, deep experience in at least one marketing channel (TV, OOH, Digital/ Social, …) preferably with some exposure to Europe, agency background a plus
- Experience negotiating with and influencing media partners, agencies, social networks and influencers
- Demonstrated experience planning and managing campaigns and projects from beginning to end, good balance between creativity and feasibility
- Thorough understanding of marketing metrics and analytics, proactive in analyzing performance and suggesting improvements
- Experience conducting and/or leveraging market research to expand brand voice and customer base; measurable results
- Previous experience in a high growth environment (ideally Consumer Electronics/ Technology), excited about getting hands dirty in execution type work that comes with launching new markets
- Excellent communication and presentation skills internally and externally, ability to influence and engage team members at all levels of the business
- Comfortable with international travel & working with team members in multiple time zones, has lived abroad (preferably Europe) for 6 months at a minimum
- Fluent or native in English and at least one other language, preferably German, French or Spanish
What Should Your Cover Letter Include?
- Highlight one or two of the requirements and how your past experience has enabled you to meet them
- Tell us what you’re most excited to work on in this role and why
- Short is better - 1 paragraph maximum
A Little About Us:
We’re Canary, a New York City-based startup that believes the best technology makes you smarter, puts you in control, and gives you access to the information you need. That’s why we’re dedicated to developing easy-to-use technology that protects, empowers, and has a meaningful impact on people, families, and their communities.
Our first product made Indiegogo history as the most successful connected home crowdfunded product ever, and has proven that there’s a real demand for a simple, intelligent, all-in-one home security device. We think it’s because Canary does more than protect your home; it gives people control, connects them to their loved ones, and helps them hold on to the moments that matter.
We're looking for brilliant, talented people who love toppling giants, working autonomously in small teams, solving challenging problems, and developing real solutions for everyday use. If that sounds like you, come join us and help us make the world feel safe and secure.
What can we give you?
- Comprehensive health insurance.
- Daily catered lunch.
- Flexible work hours.
- Unlimited vacation.
- Reimbursement for commuter costs.
- A beautiful and industrial office space.