About Founders Factory Africa
We're building the most powerful growth engine for African startups and their founders. Founders Factory Africa (FFA) is unlike any place else you’ve ever worked. We are venture builders dedicated to solving some of Africa’s biggest challenges and capitalizing on its incredible potential by leveraging market and tech opportunities. Backed by leading corporations, such as Standard Bank – the continent’s largest bank – we have access to their vast resources, infrastructure, and expertise and will bring those to bear for all our ventures and entrepreneurs. Starting with FinTech, HealthTech and AgTech, we will expand our focus as we grow, adding other sectors that include retail, transportation, energy, and education.
We are looking for a VC Analyst Intern for a 3-month period from February to May 2023.
About the role
As a member of the investment team, you will contribute to building the investment department’s broader capabilities to support portfolio companies. This will involve ad-hoc projects as required. Your tasks will include:
1. Building relevant internal databases which involves:
- Reaching out to ecosystem players for interviews
- Developing surveys for founder and investor feedback
- Leveraging tools to scrape the web for data points
- Consolidating and synthesising information for reporting
2. Market research and analyses
3. Other investment-related support
- You have passion and existing knowledge of VC in Africa (ideally with experience on the continent).
- Outstanding analytical and strategic thinking skills combined with strong judgment, a sense of responsibility, and curiosity.
- A self-starter, able to operate independently and take on tasks as required.
- Fluency in English is essential.
Founders Factory Africa provides a rare opportunity to join a team of world-class thinkers, entrepreneurs, and creators. We provide the freedom and excitement of early-stage startups but the stability and resources of a large organisation. Founders Factory Africa has global ambitions, and you’ll play a key role in our future success.
This role is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join a high-growth organisation and to help shape the future of Africa’s startup ecosystem.