SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
INVENTORY SPECIALIST (2ND SHIFT)
- Receive, store and issue raw material, parts, details and hardware to support shop operations
- Store parts and materials in bins, drawers, and racks, identifying part and stored location
- Perform picking function to make up necessary kits of parts, material and hardware as required, ascertaining that all parts are available and accounted for in kit
- Maintain strict material handling practices in accordance with procedures
- Monitor shelf-life storage and maintain proper rotation of stock
- Verify all material received for conformity with accompanying paperwork, checking for damage, correct part numbers, quantity and revisions
- Issue material against approved paperwork such as affixing verification and traceability on required serialized parts before issuing. Validate lot trace
- Perform cycle counts
- Perform good housekeeping chores in area
- Support the organizations metric goals and objectives
- Abide by all procedures, desk instructions and standard operating documents
- High school diploma or GED
- 3+ years of inventory control experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of inventory control experience in a warehouse
- ERP system experience (SAP, Oracle, etc.)
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience and understanding of inventory and kitting processes
- Capability to operate a forklift and other related inventory equipment
- Experience within the aerospace, automotive, semiconductor, or electronic fields
- Ability to lift 25-30 lbs
- Lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Willingness to work extended hours and weekends when needed to meet critical deadlines on 2nd shift hours
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.