An excellent opportunity has arisen within our Stock Availability/Inventory team to join us as an Area Coordinator on nights, to work at Ocado's Customer Fulfilment Centre based in Erith, Kent. This site is 563,000 square feet and boasts world leading technology, which is predominantly developed in house at Ocado. At full capacity we will be fulfilling over 200,000 customer orders a week, which requires a 24/7 operation and a dedicated team of colleagues and managers who lead by example.
As an Area Coordinator you will be responsible for all on shift operational and front line auxiliary activities, that supports the successful delivery of KPI’s for our Stock Availability/Inventory unit across the site. You will be supporting the Area Manager of a specific department to ensure a safe and respectful work environment whilst delivering outstanding service to internal and external customers.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Welcome and support all new team members by sharing all information and knowledge required in order to maximise the new starter experience, and helping to coach and upskill to improve techniques
- Capture employee headcounts for specific work areas, ensuring employees are deployed and managed fairly whilst on shift
- Adopt a proactive approach by ensuring all SSOW’s are relevant, are being adhered to and any hazards are removed
- Take ownership for identifying, reporting and resolving any defective equipment within your business area
- Ensure all processes and supporting tasks are completed to agreed timescales
- Assist the Area and MSC Operations managers with assessing team performance and highlighting and coaching any unsatisfactory performance with the aim of rectifying the issue
You may also be asked to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request. This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and duties and is subject to review. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the job holder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might form part of the job.
What we are looking for:
- Good numerical skills with the ability to read and understand quantities of data through a target/KPI driven framework
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written
- Excellent PC skills with knowledge of Google systems and basic Microsoft knowledge
- The ability to recognise poor operating techniques and making effective suggestions for improvement
- Knowledge of best practice, Health and Safety and SSOW’s
Experience of using a Warehouse Management System (WMS) would be advantageous
- Previous people management experience would be preferred
- Previous experience of working within a FMCG environment would be preferred
What else do you need to know?
You will also be expected to:
- Undertake tiered management/personal shopper tasks if the need arises
- Stand/walk for extended periods
- Lift objects weighing up to 30kg (periodically) from the floor to shoulder height
- Wear protective equipment to ensure requisite standards of health and safety are maintained
- Train to use Mechanical Handling Equipment
- Work in environments ranging in temperature from 30℃ to -30℃
Our Coordinators live the value “We’re In It Together” – so a hands on approach is a must, as well as flexibility to working alternative shifts when required. In return for your hard work and dedication, you will have the opportunity to further develop your career either into more senior positions within the warehouse or sideways into other departments.
You will be required to work 48 hours per week, 12 hour shifts from 19:00 - 07:00.
We are currently offering a competitive salary of £23,000 per annum, plus you will receive an additional night shift premium through this being a nights role.
What will I get in return?
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 15% off your Ocado shopping
- Onsite subsidised café and company shop offering discounts of up to 70% on groceries from leading brands and major retailers
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and it takes its obligations under the Equality Act 2010 and Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 very seriously. We treat all our employees fairly and equally, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, pregnancy and maternity, trade union membership or offending background, or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee. Our employees and applicants for employment shall not be disadvantaged by any policies or conditions of service which cannot be justified as necessary for operational purposes.
If this sounds like your perfect role, and you feel you meet the requirements then we’d love to hear from you. The closing date for applications is Monday 23rd November.