What we’re looking for
We are hiring an Investment Partner to lead the funding and appraisal of our investment activities to create and grow entrepreneurial ventures in mobility and smart transportation, develop our portfolio and optimise overall returns for our shareholders..
As Investment Partner you will identify, research and analyse potential investment opportunities and support active portfolio management in the ventures we build and fund. You are responsible for the full range of activity from concept creation, early stage financial modelling and returns, conducting due diligence on potential investments, execution and portfolio monitoring and enhancement.
From inception to exit, you will design and implement a scalable, repeatable and optimised process for making and managing a large number of investments in our own ventures. You will lead the financial, technology due diligence, modelling and preparation of investment reports as required. You will manage the transaction through the approval process via the investment committee.
As an expert modeller, you will explore the potential return for our ventures, to maximise and deliver long term value to Jaguar Land Rover. You will also monitor the performance of the investment portfolio, preparing updates, and demonstrating strong investment leadership to maximise overall returns.
What the role will have to deliver
Lead the financial evaluation, analysis and execution of investments
- Complete legal, financial and commercial due diligence on prospective investments
- Conduct quantitative analyses, modelling and develop report on potential investments
- Build financial models to evaluate venture potential from an idea/early stage
- Develop and maintain the InMotion investment thesis
- Prepare Investment Committee proposals on ventures and investments
Establish funding structure and process for ventures and InMotion operating model
- Conduct financial evaluation and cash-flow monitoring of ventures
- Co-lead funding rounds with venture partners for ventures
- Deliver specific projects and analysis related to portfolio ventures and new investments
- Support team and ventures with research and other financial support
Manage the InMotion investment portfolio, analysing performance and return
- Monitor cash flow and financial reporting of ventures and the portfolio
- Maintain knowledge of existing investments and monitor financial performance
- Prepare quarterly investment analysis and reports for management reporting
Complete financial analysis, monitoring and appraisal of InMotion returns
- Model the financial return and value creation of InMotion for JLR
- Manage the budget and forecast process
- Oversee the delivery of management accounts and reports with JLR finance functions
- Act as finance controller for payments and drawdown on existing funding
Act as primary interface to JLR finance functions and to the investor community
- Maintain strong and positive business relationships and partnerships with stakeholders
- Build strong relationships with the investor community and develop a network of partners
- Oversee the work of an investment analyst
Develop an InMotion fund for follow-on investment in our ventures
- Develop the terms and size of the fund, and its structure and maturity
- Identify limited partners to participate in the fund from across the investment community
- Develop contracts and legal terms with partners
- Monitor and evaluate fund performance
This job has been filled or removed by InMotion.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Investment Partner (Venture Capital) job post.✕