The Investor Coordinator will manage logistics of investor office hours at Capital Factory. The Investor Coordinator will organize investor meetings for our portfolio companies, greet investors upon arrival at Capital Factory and ensure all investor office hour meetings result in a positive experience. The Investor Coordinator will work closely with Venture and Startup Associates to effectively match portfolio companies with investors.
About Capital Factory...
Capital Factory is the center of gravity for entrepreneurs in Texas, the number one startup state in the U.S. Last year more than 100,000 entrepreneurs, programmers and designers gathered day and night, in-person and online for meetups, classes and coworking. We meet the best entrepreneurs in Texas and introduce them to investors, employees, mentors, and customers. According to Pitchbook Capital Factory has been the most active investor in Texas since 2013.
- You have some experience with startups, and venture capital.
- Your communication is on point, and you can manage high profile and VIP relationships.
- You are professional and presentable and greet everyone cheerfully. You’re ready to deal with an immature student, a pushy salesperson, and the President of the United States.
- You are passionate about working in the Austin startup scene and helping companies get the most benefit from Capital Factory programming
- You are organized and plan ahead, but you don’t get stressed out when things change at the last minute. Because they will. You roll with it.
- You are a problem solver. You know how to juggle the requests from multiple managers and thrive with independent execution.
- You write things down. You document your process and maintain records so that things can run smoothly with or without you.
- You are kind, and are driven by creating community wherever you go. Most importantly, your a team player!
- You are excited to work in the middle of downtown Austin and have reliable transportation.
- You have a reliable laptop computer and smartphone.
- You are security aware. You have a passcode on your computer and phone and use a password manager.
- You must be available during SXSW (Spring Break) and Startup Week (the week between Austin City Limits Music Fest).
- You get to Inbox Zero every day.
- You plan to stay in Austin and fully committed to this position for 2 years.
You’ll know you’re successful if…
- Once per week a founder tells you someone invested in their company because of a meeting you facilitated.
- Investors who come in for office hours mention to Capital Factory leadership how great it is to work with you.
- Scheduled Investor Office Hours never go unfilled when an investor is coming in for office hours.
- More and more investors come in for office hours each month.
- Top startups try to hire you away to raise money for them.
- Our startups feel like they have access to our investor network.
- Salary $40,000 to $45,000 based on experience
- 15 days PTO, plus paid holidays including the week between Christmas Eve and New Year's Day
- Personal health, vision and dental insurance
- Downtown parking and Omni Center Gym Membership
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Coworking membership at Capital Factory