The Investor Relations Associate will support a team that facilitates thousands of meetings between early stage startup investors and our portfolio founders. You will be responsible for the execution and tracking of Investor Office Hours, coordinating outreach to bring new investors into our network, helping portfolio startups understand different fundraising options and access IR resources, and assisting with the launch of new IR initiatives. You’ll use Capital Factory’s proprietary investor database and software tools to curate matches between investors and founders and learn more about how early stage investors view and evaluate potential investments.
Capital Factory’s Accelerator attracts the best startups in the state and connects them with exactly who they need to grow their business - whether that’s their next partner, mentor, client, employee or investor. Our Accelerator Team facilitates all of these interactions - and we’re seeking a strong leader with a proven background in the startup community to optimize and grow our programming opportunities across Texas.
- You have experience with the startup and technology markets.
- You have a basic understanding of startup funding terms, options, and mechanisms.
- You like using data to understand and curate matches that could lead to million dollar investments.
- You are organized and plan ahead, but you don’t get stressed out when things change at the last minute. Because they will. You roll with it.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- You have the ability to deliver high quality work, on time, in a dynamic organization under time pressure.
- You are able to work at least 45 hours per week when needed. You do what it takes to get the job done!
- You plan to stay in Texas and fully commit to this position for 1+ years.
About our team...
- We have a passion for startups and technology
- We have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- We are professional and presentable and greet everyone cheerfully. We're ready to deal with an immature student, a pushy salesperson, top VCs, a fortune 500 CEO, and even the President of the United States.
- We are excited to work in downtown Austin and have reliable transportation.
- We have a quiet place with fast internet where we can work remotely.
- We have a reliable laptop computer and smartphone.
- We are security aware. We have a passcode on our computers and phones and use a password manager.
- We are available during SXSW (Spring Break) and Startup Week (the week before Austin City Limits Music Fest).
- We get to Inbox Zero every day.
You’ll know you’re successful if…
- Our Founders have an exceptional experience and receive meaningful value from connections made with our investor network.
- Oversee monthly Investor Office Hours and ensure meetings have a ~ 100% utilization rate.
- Epic Office Hours are well attended by investors and investors rave about the startups they meet with.
- You build strong relationships with our VIP stakeholders and receive introductions to new investors on a regular basis. You work with high-level professionals and don’t get intimidated easily.
- You support the Investor Relations Manager on strategic initiatives to grow the Investor Relations function.
- Assigned tasks are completed in a timely manner with minimal mistakes and your team trusts you to execute independently.
- You have a productive and collaborative relationship with all internal teams, especially the Venture Team, Mentor, Programs, and Events Teams.
- Capital Factory is operating remotely when possible through the end of 2020 and will re-assess towards the end of the year. We currently have a presence in Austin, Houston, and Dallas.
- 4 weeks paid vacation (one week is between Christmas and New Year’s) includes all personal and sick days
- Personal health, dental and vision insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Coworking membership at Capital Factory
- Downtown parking space
- Access to onsite gym