Faraday Future (FF) is a California-based mobility company, leveraging the latest technologies and world’s best talent to realize exciting new possibilities in mobility. We’re producing user-centric, technology-first vehicles to establish new paradigms in human-vehicle interaction. We’re not just seeking to change how our cars work – we’re seeking to change the way we drive. At FF, we’re creating something new, something connected, and something with a true global impact.
The IAI group at Faraday Future in Gardena, CA is looking for passionate individuals with the latest technology skills to help us design and develop the Internet of Vehicle (IoV) platform for our electric cars. As IoV Design Release Engineer, you will be working with some of the industry’s brightest minds to bring the next-gen experience to future autonomous and connected cars.
Specifically, you will:
- Manage the release of HW components to support IoV platform.
- Gather requirements from sub-system owners and decompose into component specs.
- Work with Design and Validation group, and suppliers to ensure the components meet all requirements.
- Coordinate with all stakeholders (Electrical, Mechanical, Systems, Test, Service, etc.) to ensure final product complies with all company objectives.
- Create and maintain BOM structure.
- Pro-actively root cause engineering and production issues and develop a robust solution.
- Manage budget and schedule of components to ensure compliance to overall company goals.
- Support troubleshooting during the test and validation phase.
- Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, mechatronics, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience of product engineering in automotive or electronic technology industry.
- Experience in designing, packaging, and modeling hardware components using CATIA V5/V6.
- Working knowledge incorporating electronic components into vehicle interiors.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively work in multi sites, languages, and time zones.
- Willing to work in a fast paced startup environment wearing multiple hats and pay attention to details.
- Strong passion and proven record of success for technology innovations and product launches.
- Thorough design, packaging, A-class surface and 3D modeling skills in CATIA V5/V6 (5,000+ hours).
- Top-notch knowledge in ECU, camera, display, audio, sensors, connectivity, or antennas/RF.
- Technology leader with ability to understand the whole system including both hardware and software
- Experience in automotive networking (CAN/LIN) and Design Release Engineering (DRE) is a plus
Annual Salary Range:
$130,000 - $140,000, plus benefits and incentive plans
Perks + Benefits
- Equity grants for every employee
- Healthcare + dental + vision benefits (Free for you/discounted for family)
- 401(k) options
- Relocation assistance + reimbursement
- Casual dress code + relaxed work environment
- Culturally diverse, progressive atmosphere
- “Soul of Faraday” community outreach team
Faraday Future is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.