Come join our team! We are hiring for a IT Coordinator.
IT Coordinator – Austin, TX
Texas Health Action (THA) is a community-informed non-profit organization dedicated to providing access to culturally affirming, quality health services in a safe and supportive environment, with an expertise in serving LGBTQIA+ people and those impacted by HIV. THA's programs include Kind Clinic, Waterloo Counseling Center, and TeleKind (telemedicine services). Read more about THA here: http://texashealthaction.org.
THA is currently looking for an IT Coordinator to join our Information Technology team. This position's main responsibility is to work closely with THA's Managed Service Provider (MSP) to support the technology needs of THA staff and resolve assigned service requests.
As IT Coordinator, you will also be responsible for the procurement, deployment, and tracking of devices, software licenses, and other equipment. You will serve as a valuable resource within our support process, providing technical assistance for business applications and assisting with staff onboarding and offboarding.
This position is primarily based in Austin, but will also involve providing services to San Antonio, Dallas, and any additional Texas sites. The position reports to the Director of Information Technology.
What you would do:
- Support and troubleshoot hardware and software issues that arise within the organization, including employee workstations and printers.
- Train staff members as well as onboard new employees on how to use relevant software applications and hardware.
- Triage incoming IT tickets - process and communicate to employees the status of their tickets.[GL1]
- Conduct visits to all THA locations including both clinical and administrative sites to ensure maximum up-time for all managed hardware, systems, and peripherals.
- Collaborate with IT team to respond to pre-assigned categories of IT requests, agreed upon by the IT team.
- Deploy and collect IT hardware equipment and assist with the onboarding/offboarding process.
- Determine and maintain asset inventory levels to ensure sufficient inventory is available.
- Administer and maintain Asset Management Tool.
- Collect, maintain, and ensure Asset Management data is timely, accurate, and auditable.
- Work with Accounts Payable to ensure all hardware purchases are coded to the appropriate business units.
- Enforce and implement an effective hardware lifecycle management program which anticipates hardware and software obsolescence and determines impact to the agency.
- Coordinate the disposal of end-of-life/obsolete assets following best practices and established policy.
- Provide recommendations to IT leadership regarding company hardware and software standardization.
- Participate in special projects as needed and perform other duties as assigned.
- Work with other IT staff in support of organizational needs.
Based on job duties and requirements, this position is placed in salary band 44 with a non-exempt hourly rate of $26.50-$30.00 per hour. Initial placement within this range will be based on hired candidate's qualifications and relevant experience.
- If selected for this position, proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be requested prior to offer of employment.
- Submitting official transcripts, diplomas, certifications, and licenses may be required prior to final offer. Unofficial transcripts and copies of other relevant documents may be attached to the application for consideration in advance.
- Information regarding employment history as it relates to the qualifications of the position may be needed for employment verification.
- The applicant selected for employment is subject to a pre-employment background check. A history of conviction may not automatically disqualify an applicant. Applicants with a history of conviction may be considered on a case-by-case basis, after individualized assessment of factors including the nature of the conviction, the job duties and responsibilities, the length of time since the conviction, and evidence of mitigation or rehabilitation. If required for the position, a physical, motor vehicle record evaluation, and additional background checks may be conducted.
Your previous work life, experience, and education must include:
- 3+ years of qualifying IT experience in an analytical or operations role.
- Progressive experience managing IT assets.
- Qualifying experience managing hardware or software licensing, including vendor negotiation and contract management.
- Experience configuring and deploying hardware and installing software.
- Must have the ability and desire to work collaboratively.
- High degree of professionalism in attitude and teamwork with customers, peers, and management.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccine.
Your previous work life, experience, and education ideally include:
- Successful completion of relevant certifications (such as International Association of Information Technology Asset Managers).
- Experience with Healthcare interoperability solutions.
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure AD.
- Knowledge of MS Office 365 Suite, (Email, Calendar, Distribution groups, Teams, SharePoint/OneDrive and others).
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (403b)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Holidays)
- Disability (Short Term & Long Term)
- Training & Development
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)