AccuWeather is seeking an experienced IT professional to join our world-class Web and API development teams. This position will work closely with existing developers and QA to automate and streamline our code-build, test, and deployment operations and processes using a variety of open source and other appropriate technologies.
- Administering code repositories, package managers, and other deployment tools;
- Developing deployment scripts on a life-cycle automation platform for the orchestration, integration and automation of software releases;
- Proactively suggesting and implementing process automation and optimizations to streamline deployment timelines;
- Compiling and archiving release notes, versioning, and appropriate release documentation, per process standards;
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience with one or more scripting languages (PowerShell, bash, etc.)
- Experience withscript automation using Jenkins or similar technology.
- Experience with source control – MS Team Foundation Server and/or Git
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- Experience managing .NET & web applications in highly available, highly scaleable, 24/7 production environments
- Experience with one or more Cloud frameworks (Azure & AWS preferred)
AccuWeather is Proud to Be an Equal Opportunity Employer