FiveStars is the rewards program for small businesses that’s proven to bring customers back more often. Through unique rewards and personalized service, FiveStars helps everybody be a VIP. Founded in 2011 and based in San Francisco, our mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship. In 2015, FiveStars drove 35 million in-store visits across over 10,000 local businesses in the U.S. and Canada. Over 10 million consumers use FiveStars to have exceptional experiences with local businesses. To-date FiveStars has raised $105 million from top-tier investors including HarbourVest, Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed, DCM, and Y-Combinator.
In this role, you will provide maintenance of the computer desktop environment by analyzing requirements, resolving problems, installing hardware and software solutions, and supporting the internal IT Help Desk. You will be responsible for administration and internal support of the Company’s PCs, printers, servers, and related equipment. Tasks include end user support, license tracking, and performing System maintenance, upgrades, and configurations.
- Provide help desk support and resolve problems to the end user’s satisfaction
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT Help Desk
- Monitor the Service Desk for tickets assigned to the queue and process first-in first-out based on
- Modify configurations, utilities, software default settings, etc. for the local workstation
- Utilize and maintain the help desk tracking software
- Document internal procedures
- Assist with onboarding of new users
- Ensure each workstation has a computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, hard drive, and any
additional specialized equipment
- Install, test, and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment, and software
- Install VOIP phones on end-user laptops
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software, and software licenses
- Report issues to the Service Desk for escalation
- Manage PC/Mac setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images, and
- Windows 7/8/10, Mac OS X, Google Apps, Salesforce, and Office 365
- Support and troubleshoot client PC connectivity - ethernet, TCP/IP, and VPN
- Assign users and computers to proper groups in Google Apps/Salesforce, etc.
- Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Business, Communications or related field
- 3+ years of relevant technical experience