CSA + Capstone is seeking an IT Help Desk Support Specialist to support Commander, Navy Installations Command (CNIC) at the Washington Navy Yard. The specialist will provide installation, maintenance, and hardware and software troubleshooting to support all IT equipment, including personal computers (laptops and desktops), printers, monitors, keyboards, plotters, scanners, external hard drives, and video teleconferencing units, air cards, and smartphones.
- Support, troubleshoot, and remediate issues pertaining to current and future versions of desktop operating systems to include, but not limited to, Windows 10 operating systems and periodic system updates.
- Install, support, troubleshoot and remediate issues pertaining to new/reissued PC hardware and software.
- Accurately complete CNIC user agreement forms and other processes associated with property control, and obtaining the necessary signatures, and distributing forms in a timely manner.
- Integrate system peripherals such as printers, scanners, digital senders, mass storage devices, etc. into users’ workstations.
- Configure and support end-user network connectivity including, but not limited to, wired LAN and wireless LAN.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Google's Android and Apple's iOS operating systems used primarily in mobile technology and supported hardware devices such as smartphones and tablets.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge in Android's Linux-based open-source technology. Must be able to troubleshoot various users' devices such as major manufacturers for Samsung for Android and iOS Apple iPhone and iPad devices. Know its interface and basic features in accordance with government standards to help customize and troubleshoot and restore user issues.
- Must have completed Purebred training in order to serve and perform Purebred Agent duties to assist mobile wireless users in registering their derived credentials with DISA database for all wireless devices.
- Verify Security Technical Implementation Guide requirements have been established on user smartphone devices.
- Provide support for all IT equipment, to include PCs, printers, portable computers, multi-function print devices, and smartphone devices, Polycom (video VTC) units and other miscellaneous IT equipment.
- Install, configure, and support current and future versions networking protocols for wired and wireless connectivity, for local and remoter users.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot e-mail client software (Outlook) and guide/assist customers in the management of their email and use of these client applications including, but not limited to, the use of rules and personal folders/archives.
- Log all initial requests for service (i.e., incidents) that circumvent the NMCI Helpdesk (e.g., customer contacts desktop support technician directly) into the CNIC G2 Trouble Ticket Tracking Database within a timeframe mutually agreed upon between the contractor and the Government’s Technical Representative, but no later than 4 business hours after completion of the call.
- Acknowledge all incidents within the timeframe specified.
- Provide detailed documentation of all tasks, troubleshooting steps, and current status of each incident by making appropriate entries in the G2 Trouble Ticket Tracking Database within a timeframe mutually agreed upon between the contractor and the Government’s Technical Representative, but no later than 4 business hours after most recent contact with the customer.
- Perform equipment relocation, installation, expansion, connection / disconnection, upgrades, support/maintenance, and preventive maintenance of computer systems hardware, documentation, and peripheral devices.
- Provide support for CAC (Common Access Card) deployment. Support and troubleshoot smart card readers, middleware, and PKI (Public Key Infrastructure) Certificates.
- Provide troubleshooting for CNIC personnel regarding CAC cards and its software certificates.
- Deliver unserviceable or excess IT equipment to staging area for disposal.
- Support asset inventory services for IT peripherals to include external hard drives, Apple Smartphones and related wireless devices iPads and Mifi’s, VTC units, monitors, laptops and desktops for 750+ users.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Six years of technical experience with a wide range of hardware and software applications including Navy and Marime Corps Internet (NMCI).
- Must possess excellent customer service and interface skills.
- Secret clearance required.
The likely salary range for this position is $33.00 - $36.000 per hour, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Applicants may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; an active United States Department of Defense security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
As a federal contractor, CSA is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status.
WE BELIEVE great companies know who they are and what they stand for. CSA’s common purpose and core values were purposefully developed to create a culture focused on unlocking the full potential of our people—so they are inspired to solve our clients’ toughest challenges. It’s no secret, we owe the past 18 years of our success to our outstanding and ambitious team members. To support our hard working team, we offer an environment focused on learning and growth, an awesome benefits package, and opportunities to build a long and successful career.
We are constantly on the hunt for talented, forward-thinking problem solvers with an energetic attitude and a strong work ethic to join our elite team of CSAers.
Be a part of CSA… do great things!
CSA is a Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable workplace accommodation for any part of our employment process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. Assistance is reserved for individuals who are requesting a reasonable workplace accommodation. It is not intended for other purposes or inquiries. We’re an equal opportunity employer that empowers our people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status or other protected characteristic.
Notification for current or previously cleared professionals:
Official U.S. Government information appearing in the public domain shall not automatically be considered UNCLASSIFIED or approved for public release. CSA recognizes that information contained in resumes of current or previously cleared professionals may be sensitive, contain potentially proprietary and/or protected information. Protected Information is considered classified, in the process of a classification determination, or unclassified, but protected by statute. Therefore, all resumes should be approved for public release by a U.S. Government Official with Original Classification Authority, prior to posting the resume to CSA’s applicant tracking system.
By submitting my resume, I understand that I am NOT authorized to upload content with Official U.S. Government information that is considered, sensitive, proprietary, or protected.