Metromile is the leading pay-per-mile car insurance company in the U.S. We’re disrupting a $250 billion auto insurance category by offering an entirely new type of insurance that charges customers based on the miles they drive. We believe paying for what you use is more fair and more affordable. With pay-per-mile car insurance, low-mileage drivers see huge savings. We also believe in the power of data science and machine learning to make car insurance better and less complicated.
We're proud to say that Metromile has been named on Glassdoor's Best Place to Work in their 2018 Employees' Choice Awards list for the second year in a row!
About the role
The IT Manager, reporting to the Head of Production Operations, is responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution of all IT functions across all organizations. The IT Manager will look forward to plan and develop hardware and software solutions for our growing business operations.
- Maintain and improve company wide network and data infrastructure.
- Participate in short and long range planning and the execution of strategic initiatives to reach the organization’s business objectives.
- Manage, develop a strategy, and maintain best in class IT infrastructure and customer service.
- Oversee technology projects in alignment with organization goals.
- Strong and demonstrated project management skills.
- Management of IT resource planning and staff.
- 7-10 years of IT management experience, leading IT helpdesk, site support, and operations functions.
- BS Degree in related IT or Business field preferred.
- Experience managing OS X and Windows environments.
- The ability to lead along with a desire to serve and contribute.
- A solid understanding of networking (both wired and Wi-Fi) and troubleshooting skills
- Experience designing and maintaining high performance, multi-site networks
- History of project managing company-wide rollout of new technology
- Excellent customer service, verbal and written communication skills
- Vendor management experience.
- Experience designing and leading IT resources, budgets and return on investment analysis.
- Ability to work multi-functionally with all levels of internal staff.
- Oversee purchasing decisions.
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary plus equity
- Robust benefit options (health, dental, vision, 401K)
- Commuter and well-being benefits
- Generous parental leave
- Catered lunches and a fully stocked kitchen
- Monthly social events (Movies, game nights, park days, etc.)
- Mac equipment and adjustable workstations
Metromile is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.