Horangi is a unique cybersecurity cloud-native company in Asia with a security-first mindset. We have adopted a remote-first approach with cutting-edge IT techs for secure and reliable operation of our multiple offices in Asia, delivery of professional cybersecurity services, and development of the SaaS cloud security product. We have a dynamic startup culture while serving enterprise clients. So we are looking for an enthusiastic open-minded IT Manager who is up to the challenge to build and mature a multi-stakeholder IT ecosystem that supports efficient workflows in the cloud while keeping IT operations lean.
The IT Manager must be proficient in IT services planning and delivery with an interest growing their capabilities in cloud technologies. The IT Manager is responsible for establishing processes and metrics, developing and growing the team, optimizing existing systems, and planning and deploying the IT ecosystem with code and cutting-edge tools.
Along with managing everything IT, he/she should be ready to roll up their sleeves and tackle hands-on tasks. The IT Manager will be working closely with Horangi’s Internal Security, Cloud Engineering, and Cyber Security Consulting Teams as we build new products and best-in-class services. It is an excellent opportunity to dive into the cloud world and learn cloud devops and cloud security.
What You’ll Do
- Plan IT projects, identify priorities, schedule resources, and liaise teams; build and operate a remote-first IT ecosystem.
- Improve the maturity of IT systems' security; work closely with the Internal Security Team, including hardening apps, simulating phishing campaigns, and conducting incident response tabletop exercises.
- Streamline workflows and improve productivity and cost-efficiency of Horangi employees; collaborate with Cloud Engineers and cross-functional stakeholders to build the right systems and automated workflows that effectively deliver the business value for the organization; design IT metrics and implement reporting with the Data Team.
- Design training and continuously educate Horangi’s staff on how to effectively use IT systems.
- Develop, build, and lead an IT team.
Horangi is a modern technology company with numerous online systems for each team's workflow and with infrastructure in the cloud. The IT Manager needs to be able to work with technical and business teams, understand their requirements, and support optimal use of online systems and cloud infrastructure.
Horangi utilizes the following technologies for collaboration and productivity. It would be beneficial if candidates are familiar with most of them or their analogies.
- Business collaboration tools like Google Workspace, Monday.com, Atlassian Confluence, Slack, GitHub.
- Security solutions, including EDR, DLP, Password Management.
- A cloud directory service and SSO.
- VPN and ZeroTrust solutions.
- Multi-cloud environment: AWS, GCP, Azure.
What we’re looking for
Our ideal candidate must be able to manage all the IT-related tasks and is interested in learning and growing in the cloud space. The candidate has a servant mindset and serves both their team and customers. The candidate asks questions, is confident in not knowing everything, and would rather collaborate with others than go it alone. The candidate needs to communicate effectively, as we value responsiveness and transparency in our culture. He/she possesses a security mindset, as IT goes hand in hand with security at Horangi. The IT Manager should be able to manage the end-to-end delivery of IT services and is an excellent planner and executor.
- 7+ years of overall work experience, developer background is a plus.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in deploying and managing IT systems and developing automations in an agile environment.
- 1+ years of people management experience.
- Proven experience to plan, procure, and deploy IT systems.
- Hands-on experience in networking, OS systems administration (Mac and Windows), and IT systems administrations (Google Workspace, Atlassian Confluence, Monday.com etc.).
- Eagerness to roll up your sleeves and handle IT tickets, troubleshoot systems, and write code while being a people manager.
- Management of directory services and remote provisioning of software on OS systems.
- Development experience with bash and Python scripts for automation.
- An ability to design and conduct training.
Good To Have
- ITIL certification.
- Experience working in the startup/entrepreneurial environment.
- Familiar with infrastructure management in AWS.
- AWS or GCP certifications preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft O365 and Azure is a big plus!
- Security interest and some relevant projects to show.
At Horangi, we pride ourselves as Cloud Security Champions in Asia backed by a team of global cybersecurity experts and trusted by Industry Leaders such as Gojek, MoneySmart, PropertyGuru, and Tiket.com.
We build our product using cloud technologies and manage our workflows using cloud SaaS solutions. We operate agile, lean, secure, and ever-growing.
Horangi has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture, and we look for people who are curious, inventive and work to be a little better every single day. We work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and get-things-done culture. Horangi is always looking to hire collaborative, humble, and highly driven individuals who want to make a difference and adhere to the principal People First, Mission Always!
Level yourself up as a cloud security expert and do the best work of your life here at Horangi.