About Kairos Aerospace
At Kairos Aerospace, we combine innovative aerospace systems with advanced data science. Unlike traditional aerospace companies, we sell information, not hardware - we operate our sensors cost-effectively at continental scale to produce novel data streams about pressing global problems.
First on our list: spotting hard-to-monitor emissions of methane
, a potent greenhouse gas that accelerates climate change. Since starting continuous survey operations in 2018, Kairos has removed methane emissions equal to over 9.2 million tonnes of CO2e through our work. To put that in perspective, that’s equivalent to over 2 million cars being removed from the roads for a year or shutting down about seventeen 350 MW coal-fired power plants.
We call that a good start.
As a team, we love science and engineering, we love getting our hands dirty with hardware and software, and we love seeing our work make a difference in the real world.
We’ve created a diverse, collaborative, supportive, and fun environment based on integrity and treating people right. So no matter your gender, gender identity, race, age, beliefs, sexual orientation, or disabilities, we welcome you and would like to work with you. :-)
It’s never boring, it’s always challenging, and we’re usually laughing.
The IT Manager will be responsible for an organization that is scaling rapidly. This person will lead large IT projects covering all end user related activities at Kairos and provide user support. We are looking for someone who is an expert listener and communicator, who can plan and coordinate technology-related systems, equipment, and utilization across the company.
The IT Manager will assess cost and productivity levels of IT systems and architect - and document! - IT infrastructure strategy and process. They will create best practices, design and deploy new IT systems and services, work with vendors, manage inventory, troubleshoot and create test strategies for hardware and software in the field and in remote offices, and work with departments to understand and provide for their technology and information system needs.
- 2+ years of experience as an IT Manager and 5+ years of IT experience working with large scale IT projects, infrastructure, and operations
- Startup experience
- Strong background in giving patient, hands-on technical support and a willingness to be in the weeds until the team grows
- Experience setting up and administering SaaS solutions to fulfill various company functions
- Experience managing Google Workspaces, MDM systems, SSO, remote provisioning of new hardware
- Experience supporting Windows and Mac products
- History of designing and implementing IT across numerous technologies
- A deep understanding of best practices and documentation
- Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Strong technical skills - computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and phones
- Solid project management and organizational abilities
- A firm grasp on financial skills and planning
- Ability to listen, learn, and communicate
- Ability to work a time-shifted schedule to partially overlap with PST
Life at Kairos
A few important facts about working at Kairos Aerospace:
- We provide health, dental, and vision insurance, including subsidized coverage for dependents. Our 401K plan does matching based on the amount of methane we removed from the atmosphere in a given year.
- We think death-march hours are a bad way to run a company. We expect something approximating a 40-hour workweek, but mostly we just care that your work gets done. No, really. (Full disclosure: we occasionally put in some extra hours during crunch periods, but that is the exception, not the norm).
- We do not track vacation time, nor do we have set hours to be in the office. Instead, we encourage taking real vacations, mental health days, leaving early to pick up the kids, working from home, time-shifting commutes, staying home when you're sick, ducking out to the gym - we believe work time should be flexible.
In this time of the Covid-19 pandemic, we have transitioned to 100% remote work aside from hardware and flight operations and plan to continue having remote positions in perpetuity.
(We love it when kids make a cameo in a video call.)