WPP is the creative transformation company. We use the power of creativity to build better futures for our people, planet, clients, and communities.
Working at WPP means being part of a global network of more than 109,000 accomplished people in 110 countries. WPP has headquarters in New York, London and Singapore and a corporate presence in major markets worldwide.
We create transformative ideas and outcomes for our clients through an integrated offer of communications, experience, commerce, and technology.
WPP and our award-winning agencies work with most of the world's biggest companies and organisations – from Ford, Unilever and P&G to Google, HSBC, and the UN. Our clients include 61 of the FTSE 100, 317 of the Fortune Global 500, all 30 of the Dow Jones 30 and 62 of the NASDAQ 100. WPP are the leader in the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index and 8th in the FTSE 100 rankings for Women on Boards.
WPP IT provides IT services for WPP, the world’s largest communications services group. As a creative transformation company, WPP is helping its clients transform the future through extraordinary work. WPP IT is an integral part of that journey and we are proud to provide technology for some of the world’s most creative brands.
Why we're hiring:
Managing all aspects of IT service delivery for your region which includes:
- IT Operational Management
- Obtain operation grip of sites within your region covering all areas of IT Service Delivery
- Ensure delivery of standard technology services are delivered as needed
- Proactively monitor performance, drive escalation management with third-party vendors
- Continually review, monitor and find opportunities to improve service, control and reduce costs
- Local business engagement
- Work in partnership with local businesses and create on-going dialog to share communications and service business needs
- IT change delivery
- Manage and drive local IT Changes ensuring global infrastructure and operating company programmes are localised and executed to plan
- IT cost control
- Review local IT purchasing and develop proposals for cost optimization
- Advise local CFOs on IT budget and forecast submissions for both P&L and Capex
- Manage IT asset lifecycle and support the business to drive down costs
- IT compliance
- Work with various operating company and WPP IT compliance leads to ensure compliance and security needs are met
- IT team
- Work with colleagues in WPP IT to build a solid IT function and community for the region covering local WPP IT staff and all third parties involved in providing local IT service.
What you'll be doing:
- To establish strong relationships with all the IT functions within the WPP IT operating model to ensure the needs of their location are fulfilled
- Develop excellent relationships with key internal stakeholders (Operating Companies and Business Partners) plus 3rd party suppliers
- Own escalation management and have direct access to third-party suppliers to ensure operational services meet business requirements.
- Provide technology guidance to the functional leadership and agree the technology development agenda and budget with them, ensuring alignment with WPP IT Strategy, Architecture and Policy and in line with OpCo Application strategy.
- To understand and manage the local IT landscape i.e. key applications, assets, infrastructure, and services – know where there are problems / challenges and work with the IT Shared Service to prioritise necessary developments
- Manage all third parties to ensure delivery of services meet the contracted requirement and where that falls short of the business need, agree a plan with your WPP Head of IT to bridge the gap
- Serve as an escalation point on behalf of the Operating Companies in case of service quality issues
- Conduct service reviews with operating companies to report on service performance and ensure risks and issues arising from IT service are well managed
- Communicate new services / changes in existing services to Operating Companies
- Review the IT costs and develop proposals for optimising local IT spend and manage IT assets
- Represent local, Central and Operating Group IT in business governance meetings and participate in regional and global governance when necessary
- Manage demand & priorities for new local services and changes to operational services.
- Provide local input into global business initiatives and escalate major requirements to the relevant CIOs
- Drive and manage demand for Non-Standard-Service-Requests (NSSRs)
- Drive local delivery of IT transformation projects (End User Services, Network, Infrastructure), whether WPP or OpCo-driven
- Work with Operating Companies to fully leverage, exploit and drive adoption of technology and service capabilities used
- Educate the business on how to use the IT service and maximise benefits
- Educate the business about IT policies, procedures, security, and compliance
- Lead a customer-centred culture, championing activities to empower end users to get maximum utilization of IT, including organising training programmes and the appointment super-users in relevant technology spaces
- To navigate resources from Operating Company IT & WPP IT to respond to client contracts / audit requirements
What you'll need:
- A demonstrable track record of leading individuals and teams through complex change
- Strong technical background
- Experience, gravitas, and professionalism to engage and influence at the Executive level
- Strong customer facing skills, in particular the ability to gain respect and confidence of senior stakeholders within the Operating Company(s)
- Good communication and influencing skills along with personal gravitas to create relationships at senior levels
- Knowledge of top level IT architecture principles
- Good knowledge of all aspects of Service Delivery
- Excellent self-organisation
- Direct experience of managing budgets
- Strong project management skills
- Completer / finisher mentality - has a strong track record of delivery, has attention to detail, is organised and demonstrates excellent time management skills
- Good commercial insight with a comprehensive appreciation of how technology can enable positive business change
- Understanding of the creative mindset and user experience, exposure to media businesses.
- Fluent in English and local language
Who you are:
You're open: We are inclusive and collaborative; we encourage the free exchange of ideas; we respect and celebrate diverse views. We are accepting: of new ideas, new partnerships, new ways of working.
You're optimistic: We believe in the power of creativity, technology and talent to create brighter futures or our people, our clients and our communities. We approach all that we do with conviction: to try the new and to seek the unexpected.
You're extraordinary: we are stronger together: through collaboration we achieve the amazing. We are creative leaders and pioneers of our industry; we provide extraordinary every day.
What we'll give you:
Passionate, inspired people – We promote a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
Scale and opportunity – We offer the opportunity to create, influence and complete projects at a scale that is unparalleled in the industry.
Challenging and stimulating work – Unique work and the opportunity to join a group of creative problem solvers. Are you up for the challenge?
If this role hasn’t captured your interest, that’s ok! Would you consider sharing your opinion?
At WPP, we’re always trying to improve our hiring process, so your feedback is appreciated. Don’t worry, all responses will not influence any future applications that you may make.
WPP is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
Please read our Privacy Notice for more information on how we process the information you provide.