Introduction to Shield AI
Shield AI’s mission is to protect service members and civilians with artificially intelligent systems. For our world-class team, no idea is too ambitious, and we never stop working to make possible what looks out of reach today. We are backed by Silicon Valley venture capital firms including Andreessen Horowitz, have been shipping product since 2018, and are growing rapidly.
Are you an IT Manager that is excited about leading and growing IT in a fast growing company? Are you interested in autonomous and collaborative robotics? Join us to help define next generation artificially intelligent robots for a safer, more secure world! You will play a meaningful role in the delivery of paradigm shifting products by providing hands-on support for all of Shield AI’s internal services.
What you'll do
- Manage a team of IT and OpSec engineers
- Supervise daily operations of network and server infrastructure
- Be hands on in implementing IT solutions covering infrastructure on prem and in the cloud
- Help define IT infrastructure strategy, architecture, and processes
- Oversee additions/upgrades of equipment, hardware, and software solutions.
- Mature our adoption of Microsoft 365
- Manage our enterprise services e.g. Active Directory, DNS
- Manage our operational security compliance programs
- Recruit top candidates, train new IT staff, supervise and motivate team members for high performance
- Other duties as assigned
Required qualifications, experience, and competencies
- Engineering or similar degree, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience working in IT operations
- Experience leading and managing large IT projects and rolling out IT infrastructures across various technologies
- Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and phone systems
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Excellent project management skills and strong ability to prioritize
- Firm grasp on IT infrastructure and operations best practices
- NIST800-171 / CMMC experience would be beneficial
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to
equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.