Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
About Airbnb: Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 85,000 cities and over 191 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
About Airbnb Capability Center: Airbnb Capability Center was set up in 2017 in Gurgaon to service the global Airbnb community. We are a fast-growing, up-and-coming office and home to the most hospitable people you will ever meet! Our small and extremely capable team of Gurgaon-based colleagues strive to make the impossible happen for our inbound and outbound travellers within this big and diverse market. Airbnb Capability Center is providing varied services under Community Support thereby providing world-class customer experience to our customers. Besides this, Airbnb Capability Center is also building deep capabilities for different verticals like Homes, Finance Technology Group, Finance Shared Services, Analytics, Engineering, etc.
Someone who is not happy fixing the same problem everyday, and leans towards finding and fixing the root cause / automates the problem out of oblivion, because they know there will be new problems tomorrow. Someone who can judge when to be technical with the user and when to solve the issue without confusing the customer.
What you’ll do
- Someone who can play and explore with MacBook and Chromebooks.
- Also someone who knows when to automate and when to share knowledge instead.
- Organically interested in IT
- Basically someone who keeps up with technology trends organically and doesn’t have to make a conscious effort to educate themselves. I want to see someone who can see the troubleshooting path in their head before they even get control of the users laptop.
- Someone who can both follow a process and also contribute to further refining a process.
- Needs to be able to communicate and explain things clearly, a person who can quickly grasp the knowledge level of the person they’re dealing with and adjust their language accordingly.
- Has to be able to balance between team communication and customer facing communication (e.g. keep sarcasm within the team)
Design, write, and edit technical and process documentation, needs to contribute knowledge on a regular basis to the IT Knowledge Base, FAQs, examples and how-to’s for both our users and internally within ITX as well
- prefers to get to the root cause of a problem over implementing a work around and then forgetting about the issue.
- ability to drive issues to resolution
- autonomy when working on projects
What you need to succeed
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience working in the IT Field.
- Scripting / some sort of automation
- need to show a preference towards removing a problem via technical means, over putting a process in place (not saying this is a bad thing - just looking for a preference).
- Networking / web fundamentals
- must have a knowledge of TCP/IP, switching, routing, VPN, NAT, proxies, etc.
- HTTP, SSL, cookies, auth tokens, APIs, etc.
- Analytical mindset
- can flow through a problem very quickly and easily
- if the candidate takes their time, that’s OK as long as they talk you through their thought process (don’t be afraid to ask them to do so)
- Customer service
- must be able to talk to people!
- deal with stressful situations and individuals.
- Passionate and a strong sense of urgency.
- Desire to empower customers to solve similar issues on their own in the future
- OS X (or linux/unix) - Operating Systems apart from Windows
- Basic understanding of network logins, printing, connecting to file servers, using the terminal, etc.
- Training / knowledge sharing
- Always looks to raise others to their level via knowledge sharing and training.
- Can write concise emails and documentation that can be shared with different audiences (tech/customer facing).
“We are looking for people with entrepreneurial attitude - the insurgent mission, the front-line obsession and the owner’s mindset” - Team Airbnb Capability Center