IT Support Specialist
PressReader is a rapidly growing technology company that partners with the world’s leading publishers to deliver content to millions of users in over 160 countries. Our progressive approach to digital distribution has allowed publishers such as The Washington Post, The Guardian, Newsweek, Rolling Stone, The Globe and Mail, and Vogue to find new audiences through business partnerships, including airlines, hotels, cruise ships, libraries, and thousands of other companies worldwide.
Our technology also powers Branded Editions (BE) - a white-label solution that enables publishers to deliver their digital content in interactive ways. BE allows them to build a customizable platform that supports a wide range of revenue opportunities.
We have an opportunity for an IT Support Specialist role to join our IT Team.
Due to the nature of this role, the position is on-site at our Richmond, BC office.
In this role, you will:
- Be the first-line contact for internal support (Head office and Global employees and Digital Publishing partners in Ireland, UK, Philippines, and Australia)
- Provide support to internal end-users either in person or with remote access software
- Take ownership of technical issues and educate employees on good technical habits and computer behaviour
- Install, configure, and repair new and existing enterprise client workstations, hardware, and their corresponding software as per standard operating procedures.
- Identify existing tasks that can be completed effectively with scripting (Powershell, bash, etc.)
- Participate in the maintenance of our automated FTP script retrieval system
- Create, maintain, and edit all individual scripts, and ensure proper operation
- Contribute to Server and Network monitoring, both hardware and software
- Assess, replace, and troubleshoot hardware for end user and server levels
- Assist in corporate documentation concerning standard operating procedures and other training materials for all things IT-related
- Be part of a supportive and highly collaborative team of talented specialists
- Work outside of regular business hours from time to time, if the needs arise for critical or time-sensitive situations
You are a great fit if you have:
- At least 2 years of working experience in Information Technology in a Technical Support role
- A diploma or certificate associated to Computer Sciences and IT Systems
- Proficiency of all Windows environments and Active Directory (both on prem and Azure AD)
- Excellent knowledge of how computer components are linked to each other
- Experience assessing and fixing Network connectivity issues
- General understanding of IT Security Basics
- The capability to work in a fast-paced environment, and handle multiple conflicting priorities
- Strong professional writing and interpersonal skills while communicating with internal clients
- Excellent customer service skills, including strong communication skills and the ability to translate complex technical information into familiar language for end-users
- The adequacy to maintain knowledge of new and emerging technologies that may benefit our data center
- A working experience of scripting tools (Powershell / bash / batch scripting)
- A collaborative mindset and open-minded approach
- The competency to translate technical terms for the end-user to have clear insight
Bonus points if you:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- Are familiar with other computer operating systems (Linux and Mac)
- Are able to lift 15-25 lbs
- Have a strong interest in the technology sector
This role is a full-time position based in our Richmond, BC office. Due to the nature of this job, this role will be on-site, and might require to work outside standard business hours.
We understand everyone has different circumstances; however, we will only consider applicants who are legally eligible to work in Canada.
If you don’t see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed for this job, we still encourage you to apply. We are committed to creating a more equitable, inclusive and diverse company and we welcome applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientations, sexual identification, and life experiences.
Sometimes emergencies happen and you may need to reschedule an interview. We understand. Please let us know without worrying about losing the opportunity or your credibility.
PressReader offers a compensation package which includes extended health care, dental, vision and accidental death insurance paid by the company; 15 paid vacation days to start, sick and bereavement days; reimbursements for professional training and membership in professional associations; fitness subsidy and more, along with a chance to be working with amazing people.
To apply, please submit your resume, and a cover letter explaining why you are the right person for this role.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate.
We can’t wait to meet you!