"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit is looking for a seasoned IT Support Specialist with just the right blend of technical expertise and personable demeanor. The ideal candidate has 5 years of experience, can work independently, is a great collaborator and provides outstanding customer service.
About the IT Support Team:
IT Support is part of the IT organization and plays a vital role in the day-to-day experience of our employees and office experiences. Serving as a first point of contact for inbound requests, the team is agile, leveraging a strong commitment to customer service with an aptitude for problem solving. IT Support routinely works cross functionally with the IT Operations and IT Engineering teams to coordinate, escalate and resolve issues.
About the Position:
The IT Support Specialist (Tier 3) role will be based in our San Francisco office and supporting both local and remote employees. With the current realities of COVID-19 you will be joining us remotely, to a remote company, but the expectations for the role are to be onsite in San Francisco when we return to work.
Your day will focus on end user support (software/hardware issues), office technology (conference room A/V, printers, inventory, etc.), and helping with the everyday operational needs of our SaaS products (add/remove/update). As a Tier 3 support specialist, you will be expected to solve escalated issues from within the help desk, have a good sense of direction when faced with new challenges and be able to positively influence and communicate with your immediate and cross functional partners.
- Provide a white-glove support experience: assist your co-workers with application support, system troubleshooting and procurement requests.
- Perform routine operation of cloud services (G-Suite, Okta, Slack, Teem, Zoom, etc.): user modifications, group creation, permissions, application assignment, etc.
- Promote best practices as established by Corporate IT and redirect inquiries as necessary to secondary teams (eg. application or process owners).
- Be proactive in developing, identifying and improving processes, procedures and documentation.
- Assist your peers in San Francisco, NYC, Chicago and other remote locations, ensuring all staff feel supported.
- Be mobile as you move around the office to resolve issues, troubleshoot conference rooms and implement solutions.
- Be given the chance to grow, so come hungry!
Our IT Support techs are savvy, resourceful and committed to delivering an exceptional end user experience. Things we look for in a candidate include:
- A well rounded technical background; ideally you’ve been a sole contributor or worked in a small team. Being flexible and able to work with independence is essential.
- Deep understanding of computer fundamentals: networking, hardware & operating systems
- Experience performing hardware/software configuration and troubleshooting on Mac & Windows laptops, and iOS & Android devices
- Fundamental cloud service administration experience (G Suite, O365, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc.)
Self motivated and independent. You will be part of a small team and will be onboarding without direct physical peers.
- A constant drive to improve the experience of our users and our internal processes: "How can I make things better?"
- Initiative and problem solving skills: If you don’t know how to do something you consider it a challenge to try to figure it out for yourself.
- The ability to balance and prioritize multiple tickets and remain calm under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly motivated, you will join a small team of high-performers where a positive can-do attitude is essential to our collective success.
- Previous experience in a rapidly growing startup environment.
- Experience with Identity Providers/SAML (Okta, OneLogin, etc.)
- Experience with MDM solutions (Jamf, Airwatch, etc.)